Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
Support HR 2254 - The Agent Orange Equity Act

HR 2254 - The Agent Orange Equity Act

Take Action!
Clarifies Definition of Viet Nam Veteran

Please send the following editable message to your Representative --

I strongly urge you to co-sponsor and support HR 2244, the Agent Orange Equity Act of 2009, introduced by Rep Filner on May 5, 2009.

This legislation would clarify the legal presumption of exposure to Agent Orange for veterans who served in the vicinity of Viet Nam.

Currently, 38 US Code Section 1116, defines a Viet Nam veteran as "a veteran who, during active military, naval, or air service, served in the Republic of Vietnam during the period beginning on January 9, 1962, and ending on May 7, 1975." The Department of Veterans Affairs uses a conservative interpretation to mean "boots on the ground" which excludes most Navy and Air Force personnel who have Agent Orange related issues but who can not prove "boots on the ground."

HR 2254 would clarify this section by redefining a Viet Nam veteran as one who during active military, naval, or air service (a) served in the Republic of Vietnam (including the inland waterways, ports, and harbors of such Republic, the waters offshore of such Republic, and the airspace above such Republic) during the period January 9, 1962 - May 7, 1975; (b) served in Johnston Island during the period April 1, 1972 - September 30, 1977; or (c) received the Vietnam Service Medal or the Vietnam Campaign Medal.

Again, please co-sponsor and actively support HR 2254.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Minstrel,
I'm a Viet Vet. 19 months in-country. From '67 to '69. 100% disabled. I have an issue that is agent orange related. They refuse to ackknowledge it is related. I have (among other things) Periferral Neuropathy. Probably spelled wrong. That is the deterioration of the nerves in the legs. Permanent. PN is an acknowledged result of a o but only lists the TEMPORARY version of PN in the definitions section. Ain't that a kick! Well, at a 100%, I'm not squawking about the PN, just pointing out the government bull when it comes to taking care of those who served. SEMPRE FI, brother. TTC

OP
OP
Minstrel

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
TerryC said:
Hey Minstrel,
I'm a Viet Vet. 19 months in-country. From '67 to '69. 100% disabled. I have an issue that is agent orange related. They refuse to ackknowledge it is related. I have (among other things) Periferral Neuropathy. Probably spelled wrong. That is the deterioration of the nerves in the legs. Permanent. PN is an acknowledged result of a o but only lists the TEMPORARY version of PN in the definitions section. Ain't that a kick! Well, at a 100%, I'm not squawking about the PN, just pointing out the government bull when it comes to taking care of those who served. SEMPRE FI, brother. TTC
Darn Brother, very sorry to hear that--my year was "69" lost several classmates, some came home pretty badly damaged physically and mentally. If we can get this bill passed some of that above may change for the better for a lot of vets who are currently getting a big fat "0". I am glad that at least you are getting something but not glad how it is happening. One of Tnet members posted a photo of a WWII German Luger P-08 his dad brought home, I posted a photo with it of a P-38 mine brought home and his medals if you want to look:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,235157.0.html
Take care Brother
Minstrel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread