Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surf Detecting with White's Pulse Diver

Hi,

Yesterday I finally tried going out into waist high water for a while with my PI Pro. I actually was surprised to find that generally, it isn't any harder than hunting on shore in the wave splash.

Only issue I was having was the MD was geting alot of feedback when the depth of the water changed, when waves were coming in for instance. So I felt I had to keep going over the same areas over and over to be sure it wasn't a real signal.

I tried adjusting down the tuner and the gain a little but was not noticing much of a difference. I usually have them pretty close to the "P" markers on shore.

I was nervous about adjusting them too far and loosing too much depth because I don't know which one actually is the correct one to be messing with.

Was wondering if anyone has any recommendations that I can give a try to minimize the feedback while still getting good depth and target hits.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Jack

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Surf Detecting with White's Pulse Diver

Yes, I ignore the feedback. I have heard that there are some coil covers that help with the issue but I have not concerned myself with it any more.

Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread