What's new

Surf N Turf Today

eastTNJoe

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2013
Messages
546
Reaction score
616
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surf N' Turf Today

I found two points and lots of bases. One point was on land. I had to crawl under a fallen tree and then over another to get to the little gravel pile left where the rootball pulled away from the shore. I got an in situ picture of that one. The other point was in water...and one I will never forget...truly dumb luck. I walked out on a strip of land still underwater. I was looking through the surface trying to focus on any rock that wasn't round or green/brown with algae. A foot and half feet deep I saw an orange-colored stone. I am still in disbelief that what I pulled up was this whole point!..not my biggest and best point, but my new favorite based on the manner it was found.
20131022_103347.webp20131022_132718.webp
 
Upvote 0
2 fine looking points
 
Nice finds.. kinda makes you want to put a piece of plexiglass on the bottom of a cut out bucket don't it!
 
Nice finds.. kinda makes you want to put a piece of plexiglass on the bottom of a cut out bucket don't it!

That is a darn fine idea...I think I got a project!...Then I'll save it for next summer when I go scalloping.
 
They work great scalloping.
I've done that myself
 
Looks like a super hunt! Good to see some artifacts again.
 
Nice points is the blue one a Kirk ?
 
Nice points is the blue one a Kirk ?

I think it is a Morrow Mtn. Seems like there are lots of them in this spot. I'll upload a profile photo for input. I would also like any input on the orange one...that one has been a little more tricky to ID.
20131022_220051.webp20131022_220059.webp
20131022_220136.webp20131022_220128.webp
 
Awesome points man!!! I snorkel quite a bit about 6 inches from the bottom of the lakes, it works well. Your lucjy to see em from surface... I do think I'm going to make me a cut-bottom-bucket vision-enhancement tool as well!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
Orange maybe a worn down big sandy. I like the material and have seen it before. Exciting to find one like that!

That stemmer not sure on. Nice hunt there Joe. Looks like you are on them:thumbsup:
 
I was thinking a worn down Benton on the orange one but TN knows east tenn pretty good
 
I was thinking a worn down Benton on the orange one but TN knows east tenn pretty good

Could be hard to say it kinda looked bifurcated but may be broke. I am often wrong on points and learn often. I would have to get Joe to tell me the exact spot:laughing7:
 
Who can really know on some points there are so many variations on some lol I say nice finds ;))
 
I don't think it is broken...and yes it is from E.S....another one I owe to you TNMountains
 
I don't think it is broken...and yes it is from E.S....another one I owe to you TNMountains


:thumbsup: I am not greedy. Plus I get to see what you and your Dad find. Water drops hunt the front of E.S that is the gravy train. Hey does the base look like these?

photo.webp
 
The outermost tip?...huh...haven't found much there...mostly just flint chips...no...the base is more rounded...looks like really small hopewell from my guidebook...I know it isn't, just has that same shape....a slight crescent.
 
Not the tip straight out from that little clump of land.. Try brewerton side notch and see what you think. Looks like an auricle is gone from one side which is normal after so many years. You want to hunt or just get together Thursday I can bring some maps. Let me know.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom