What's new

Surprised At Coinstar Today

billb

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2010
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
14,201
Golden Thread
1
Location
New York
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 steel 1943 wheats
1962 silver dime
Australia 1995 Aruba 1998 Canada 1974
Thank you always for the privilege of your time
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1298.webp
    IMG_1298.webp
    740.6 KB · Views: 238
Upvote 41
A great haul - congrats !
E-Trac-Ohio Thank You !!!!
Your recoveries are Spectacular and there’s so much history where I live but the ticks keep me away.Soon the beaches will open for detecting and I hope for a great season.
I never got steel wheats before and enjoy seeing coins from other places from C/star.
Looking forward to seeing your next post….
GL/HH
 
Nice finds Bill. :icon_thumright:
Thanks Cudamark!!!!!
I’m glad to come home with more change than I left with.
You are definitely having a great great season with the detector and looking forward to seeing your next post.
All the Best !!!!!
 
What a fun bunch of coins to find Bill, congrats!
Thank You Oldmxrat !!!!
It’s always nice to come back home with some nice things to show my wife.
You are doing great at the beaches with all your outstanding recoveries.and I’m looking forward to seeing your posts.
Best of Luck
 
Hi
I don’t work for C/Star.
These machines are in stores and I never seen any turn change into bills.
At my bank there’s a machine where you can place change and it goes into your account.
GL / HH
How do you get change from a Coinstar machine?
 
How do you get change from a Coinstar machine?
When I’m shopping I see people bring their coins in and there’s a rejection tray where people should reach in and try to cycle them through again or take them with them.
For some reason some people don’t realize that the machine rejects coins and leave them.Store employees and customers often walk by and check the rejection trays too.
Whenever I accumulate coins over time I simply bring them to my bank put them through a machine and it goes into my account or I place them in a jug at home I call my Hawaii fund.
 
When I’m shopping I see people bring their coins in and there’s a rejection tray where people should reach in and try to cycle them through again or take them with them.
For some reason some people don’t realize that the machine rejects coins and leave them.Store employees and customers often walk by and check the rejection trays too.
Whenever I accumulate coins over time I simply bring them to my bank put them through a machine and it goes into my account or I place them in a jug at home I call my Hawaii fund.
Thank you. (Sort of figured that eventually)Reminds me of when I use to go to self serve car washes to find left over change that people left on top of the selection machine. Lol
 
I sit in the Car while my Wife goes into the Grocery store, which is the only store with a Coinstar. Will Coinstar reject Silver Coins?
It should and does...sometimes the rejected coins are also inside the machine catcher...
 
SD51 Thank You!!!!!
At first glance I never saw dark wheat cents before and did some research when I got home..where I got a magnet and they stuck …
The steel type.not the valuable piece.
For now It’s great getting coins from other places without visiting .
Best wishes and good luck..
But if you get a copper 43...you've got a valuable find....
 
Awesome!! All I've ever gotten at these are chuck E Cheese tokens and a Spanish coin. My detecting friend got really lucky and found a early 1900s 5 dollar gold piece in a reject slot in New Jersey. How does someone not realize that was in the coin jar they were dumping???
 
Nice going :) I am glad someone does well at these machines
 
I sit in the Car while my Wife goes into the Grocery store, which is the only store with a Coinstar. Will Coinstar reject Silver Coins?
I sit in the Car while my Wife goes into the Grocery store, which is the only store with a Coinstar. Will Coinstar reject Silver Coins?
daddyflea Thank you
I’ve found silver coins ,wheat cents ,tokens in the reject tray.
I don’t use the c/stars in the stores as I just take a quick glance when I walk by.
I sometimes think people overload the machine or put in bent coins in causing it to reject
GL / HH
 
Awesome!! All I've ever gotten at these are chuck E Cheese tokens and a Spanish coin. My detecting friend got really lucky and found a early 1900s 5 dollar gold piece in a reject slot in New Jersey. How does someone not realize that was in the coin jar they were dumping???
RatherBeDigging..Thank you
Seems the tokens and coins from other places turn up frequently but finding a 5 dollar gold coin I wonder what the odds would be..
GL / HH
 
Nice going :) I am glad someone does well at these machines
Gare Thank You..
Seems more people these days are cashing in their coin collections and other shoppers and store employees stop and check.
The other day I saw a lady at customer service then went and found change in the tray.
The last shopping visits for me the trays were empty
GL/ HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom