Suspected OLD Suicide Note Vetted By Family For Sharing

Montana Zink

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2021
Marysville, Montana ghost town
Detector(s) used
Nose. Eyes. Poorly-shod feet at times. Unique area of EXTREME concentrated population 1880s-1890s in small area. So much metal eroded in area any dip of magnet in soil forms balls and detectors useles
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Likely valid raised eyebrows (esp by any moderator) but NO insensitivity or false sensationalism here, I hope. New member so s'cuse if touchy BUT as you can see it's more confusing than distressing. Looking for the few good pics (no close lens so only have a few) of many relics recovered in this ghost town and struck by this scanned image. Believe valid artifact to share. And reassure the history behind it has been finally worked out with help and full knowledge of the single-surviving descendant of the person. Recovered, no joke, from behind an old mirror jammed up on high shelf in original log-wall hallway of unrenovated portion of an 1880s rental in ghost town (w/70 people or so hanging on) of Marysville, Montana that was rumored to be haunted due to, among other things, bright lights moving around in this mirror w/o outside source; witnessed by many. This note, along with a cache of other documents, maps, etc dating from 1870s - 1960s, was discovered after witnessing my own Speilberg-level unexplained events in this reportedly "haunted" cabin. NOT getting into that issue here; just the raw historical relic w/background context. GREAT venue and want to respect it all; esp legacy of these real people. Just beware TMI! Found due to personal fear of entering that dark hallway at night so (with chisel) removed decades of paint to move mirror into kitchen to see any of these lights; which I never saw tho theory is they were trying to attract attention to the hidden cache behind it. Rest of context for here: helped tag specific orig pioneer family that lived generations there before all moving away; name now passed into history and graced with last surviving member, an elderly lady who turned out the sister of the note's author... long accepting of details; allowed me to keep so all good to share, respect and bear witness. SO... "nobodys [sic] sweetheart now" was an odd message that took several eyes to see; clear now. Menacing or nonsense, pick a mood. Seemed dark; as ex-EMT the spots COULD have been old blood but frankly shrugged off; no thought of suicide note but was written so HARD w/pencil on deliberately-torn envelope flap and kept as part of cache. Relative (R) not shown until visit and NOT told the phrase EXCEPT, once so open to speak of her family, ONLY asked if "someone was having romantic trouble." W/o a blink she reported was likely her deceased brother, (the one blank line in the cemetery records, too x DOD with rest of clan passing of natural causes) of a car accident in the 60s. Remember she did NOT see or was told the actual words. She went on to report that the accident didn't kill her brother but "messed him up enough" that he was distraught with fear that his girlfriend would reject him so "that's why he shot himself" in this cabin. THEN she saw it; shrugged, theorized was his note and family member who found him hid that along with other camoflage papers in frantic excitement of moment to protect them, him and/or the girlfriend from unnecessary distress. Pardon the TMI but lots of real history attached. Key object around a weeks-long series of strangeness that rolled out as perfectly-plotted TZ episode; literally glanced around for hidden cameras once. Amazing echoes of the Old West family pioneers and this family; the paranormal aspect turned out tip of iceberg in this unique place; admittedly silver-platter material allowing official documentation in a published book but just to emphasize the scope of history here; just wait until the other relic posted from this episode: title should be close to "pioneer shipping crate from 1880s Silver City mercantile" or via my tag, I guess. Point is NO marketing here; title or my real name not inflicted. Will respond to any requests for more info with links, etc., if allowed in replies. Full episode also posted in another free, safe and respected online venue easily available posted before and with nothing to do with the book itself at the time.

Attachments

• Nobodys Sweetheart Now.jpg
    Nobodys Sweetheart Now.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 77

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread