CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old Gore homestead and mountain were up for sale..

Interesting, I have a book by old Obadiah Gore, or, that is, a reprint of his diary. Some of my old stomping grounds - used to detect and also surface hunt the river flats there, back when Noah got off the boat. Have any luck searching Spanish Hill?

spanish hill hunter

Dec 23, 2007
binghamton
Interesting, I have a book by old Obadiah Gore, or, that is, a reprint of his diary. Some of my old stomping grounds - used to detect and also surface hunt the river flats there, back when Noah got off the boat. Have any luck searching Spanish Hill?
Updated news..The Gore homestead/mountain was sold in the fall of 22 for 580k, which was 50k below asking price...One of the oil shale drillers bought a huge track of land opposite them and put in a few drill pads which likely hurt the value...Spanish Hill info...Yes, despite recent posts here saying otherwise, Spanish Hill site is on the Chemung River, not the Susquehanna...They do come together a few miles south though..The Rosh family of Sayre has built a huge home on top of Spanish Hill..I know the whole area very well and have spent countless hours searching the river banks below...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread