What's new

sweet little find on lunch today

birdpointgriswold

Hero Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
901
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20130325_155908.webp



ForumRunner_20130325_155945.webp



ForumRunner_20130325_160006.webp



ForumRunner_20130325_160024.webp



ForumRunner_20130325_160035.webp
 
Upvote 0
That first one is an old boy. Looks like what I've been finding on one of my new sites. The last piece looks like a small flint adze. Is that what it is?
 
That first one is an old boy. Looks like what I've been finding on one of my new sites. The last piece looks like a small flint adze. Is that what it is?

Mmm not sure it's kinda strange it's bladed all the way around
 
Beauty! Real nice definition
The ground looks like it had a good soak.
 
nice finds congrats HH
 
Yep, at the base does it have an arch present, as an adze does?

If that's the thumb seam on his glove it only looks a little over an inch long.
It looks like what we call pinellas points down here. A true arrow point.
 
3 points? You should hunt on your lunch breaks in that spot more often. Id be taking allot of breaks.
 
This is why I should leave my desk and get outside for my lunch breaks....very nice!
 
metal_detector.gif
Nice find and love the pictures leading up to the find birdpointgriswold!
 
If that's the thumb seam on his glove it only looks a little over an inch long.
It looks like what we call pinellas points down here. A true arrow point.

The bottom piece in the pic below, I was told is an adze. I'll try to get a better pic of it's bit tonight. Birdpoint's piece reminded me of this little ditty. I'm thinking TN mountains gave it the adze ID, but I may be wrong. Some one in the Tnet family ID'd it for me.

image-1602401970.webp
 
Mabey there was a size reference issue... IDK.. looks like a performed point to me.
Can't tell the size now.
 
Mabey there was a size reference issue... IDK.. looks like a performed point to me.
Can't tell the size now.

It was more than likely a small adze for finish up work. The arch is in the bit, and use is apparent. It is bladed all around, but has a blunt point. I'll send you pics of the bit. I hate to rob Gris. of his glory here. Thanks any way.
 
I like your lunch breaks. You always find some killer pieces. How fun is that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom