What's new

sweet wheat find.......

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to the antique mall yesterday and they had 19 rolls of wheats, I bought them all, and one roll was all 1955D BU, check em out! :thumbsup:

if I told ya I paid $1.50 a roll would you hate me ;D
 

Attachments

  • roll 1955D BU.webp
    roll 1955D BU.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 324
  • roll 1955D BU.webp
    roll 1955D BU.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
Nice - make sure you check all of those 55's for the doubled die variety.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
 
That is some seriously sexy wheat. Nice score. Now get them out of the paper and put them in a plastic tube.
 
They're so shiny. Great deal 8)
 
I would not hate I would appreciate the BU coins you got from that buy. Do those sell for a premium?

Golden Silver
 
Yep, thats a sweet score G4e, WTG. If you can find the right person you can get a few bucks a piece for those.

Scott (MI) it's the 55 that has the DDO, not the 55D
 
Nice find. Paying 3 cents a piece was something I doubt most of us here would do, but your results turned out fabulous.
 
Great score!!!!!! Back when I used to sell coins and US bills on eBay almost full time, I used to toss in a free BU 1945d wheat penny for free, I got 5 rolls of the 1945d's the same way from an antique shop and all 5 rolls were blazing red!!!! I still have like 1 1/2 rolls left, I got them like 15 years ago. :icon_pirat:
 
I hate you..............just kidding!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom