Swingy Thing with the DFX

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have one? Current model has a quick adjust bugging and I guess the one hand clip Doc shows in the video.. Would love to be able to raise my arm after a day of detecting.. any cons to these.

I used one with my old CZ5 for a while. The biggest disadvantage was that it got in the way during the recovery but i havent seen the new model. it definitely helped with the weight.

The only cons that I can think of are putting it on. Real easy to make.

The only cons that I can think of are putting it on. Real easy to make.

Can you elaborate? I know I saw post about using the harness for a weed wacker .. New model ST apparently has a quick adjustment dohicky and a one handed no thumb needed on/off clip at the harness end to remove at recovery time. Not sure if that clip works the same on the ST as it does in the video of the Ultra ST.
So what is required to make one?

Hello "Airscapes",

I use the "Detecting Buddy" on all of my detectors. I can detect for 10 hours without any feeling of fatigue or soreness/pain. I also recently purchased the Minelab "Pro-Swing" will give it a try this spring.

Regards,

Hello "Airscapes",

I use the "Detecting Buddy" on all of my detectors. I can detect for 10 hours without any feeling of fatigue or soreness/pain. I also recently purchased the Minelab "Pro-Swing" will give it a try this spring.

Regards,

I have read a couple reviews of neck pain with the ST .. and now the Ultra ST is only $10 more .. BUT, looks like none of them will work with winter gear on unless they are worn under the outerwear and you leave your coveralls/vest/jacket all unzipped?

I have used the swing thingy for years and its a great accessory. Once adjusted right it takes a lot of weight off the arm and helps make sweeping more consistent. There are a couple of cons to it but you'll adjust to them. One being how you set the detector aside when recovering a target. Just have to push the coil away or disconnect the clip. Second is the pinch clip for the rear support~ I found that it works better if you wear a belt and attach it to the leather. Heavy jeans are ok but if you wear shorts or light kaki materials it can slip.
Other than that no real problems. I use it with my DFX. Have used it with my old GTI 2500 *a real arm saver there* and I use it with my GP 3000 out bush. Its heavy bungie makes the larger machines much more manageable when working long hours. Besides with it attached I have the distinct impression no one is going to run up and snatch my detector away. I can also throw my detector over my shoulder ;)

I have used the swing thingy for years and its a great accessory. Once adjusted right it takes a lot of weight off the arm and helps make sweeping more consistent. There are a couple of cons to it but you'll adjust to them. One being how you set the detector aside when recovering a target. Just have to push the coil away or disconnect the clip. Second is the pinch clip for the rear support~ I found that it works better if you wear a belt and attach it to the leather. Heavy jeans are ok but if you wear shorts or light kaki materials it can slip.
Other than that no real problems. I use it with my DFX. Have used it with my old GTI 2500 *a real arm saver there* and I use it with my GP 3000 out bush. Its heavy bungie makes the larger machines much more manageable when working long hours. Besides with it attached I have the distinct impression no one is going to run up and snatch my detector away. I can also throw my detector over my shoulder ;)

Can you explain how you have your adjusted. Of course I have not had a chance to use it out side but was trying it in the basement with the Coinmaster GT. Had it set up like the pictures I have seen with the strap clipped to the left side of my pants and the D-ring on the right.. Major pain in back and neck after a few minutes. Guy I bought it from said clip has to go on the same side as the D-ring and this does help. I added some padding to the strap which also helps a lot.. now tight do you make the strap that comes around and how where is the D-ring below/on/above the breast? Do you set up the bungy to have the detector balanced or nose heavy? Guess it is something I will figure out as I go but would like to have it close to start.
Thanks!

I use the Detector Buddy and boy does it take the weight off

I added some padding to the shoulder strap of the ST and it is much better. However it is rather difficult to use with heavy cloths and when you are in a trashy area digging something up every 3 minutes. Will be interesting to see how it works in an open field or on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back