What's new

switching banks, they want to charge me a fee

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using wells fargo to order me 2 boxes of halves a week, they told me this week they will have to start charging me a "fee" to order boxes. They "CLAIM" that brinks is charging them to "special order" half dollars.....yeah right!

I told them "no thanks".......I will NOT pay a fee to order coins

I asked for a supervisor and told them to close out all my accounts with them, they were not too happy.......lol

their loss :thumbsup:

I already got a new bank set up, they informed me that brinks do NOT charge a "fee" and that wells fargo is lying trying to get xtra funds out of customers.
 
Upvote 0
Yank your money out of there like your starting a lawn mower!!! ;D
 
snappy said:
should have keep them for a dump bank
nope......they tried to screw me, so they are not gonna make one cent on me now!
 
The one here did the same thing starting the 1st, $7.50 a box and I haven't been back. I pickup at another branch today- see if they mention a fee, they forgot to order for ME last week. HH Mark
 
GOOD!! Stand up to those banks and show them who's boss. I'm getting ready to close my bank account at a bank I've done business with for almost 15 years. For some odd reason they keep charging me $3.00 a month for not having enough money in my account. SCREW THAT.

Happy Hunting,
Codes
 
Yesterday I made my weekly 8 box pickup at the other Wells Fargo, not a mention of a fee just "see ya next week". So I guess I will keep my pidly acct open LOL. HH all, Mark :thumbsup:
 
IMHO, Credit Unions are the way to go. Member owned = less distractions and 'boat-rocking' from the market.
 
airborne1092 said:
IMHO, Credit Unions are the way to go. Member owned = less distractions and 'boat-rocking' from the market.
I am talking to my credit union this week, I hope they can start ordering for me.
 
There are two principle types of contracts (with many variations that are zip code specific to account for transportation costs and theft liability).

1. The flat rate contract. A customer is charged a flat rate per pickup/dropoff visit regardless of the quantity that is ordered/shipped. Usually there is still a limit buried in the contract as it would be a loss for Brink's to ship some $60,000 in coins for only $30.

2. The per item fee contract. This is usually designed for customers who order/ship infrequently. There is usually a base charge plus a per item fee, or just a really high per item fee.


Your branch could have had a flat rate contract, but started exceeding the quantity limit, could have recently switched over to a per item fee type contract, or could have been just trying to milk some fee money out of you.

I personally wouldn't have closed the account, but rather started using them as a dump bank (unless they try charging for dumping, then dump them).
 
My bank wanted to charge me a fee of 10 cents per roll of pennies for one measly box of them claiming that is what Brinks charges them for delivery. Screw that, they're now my new dump bank. :D
 
The F word is a dirty word indeed!

Nice job calling them out on it though.

And 10 cents a roll for pennies is a darn joke... 20% of the value of the box? YIKES!

~Dave
 
well I went in today closed my accounts, opened NEW accounts at my credit union, and even placed an order today for half dollars for next week!
 
Went to a B of A that I've gotten boxes from in the past.

Last week, the new manager said it would be 50 cents "per roll" for rolled coin. He decided he could waive the charges that time around. (50 cents per roll? Is he nuts??!! That would be charging $1 for 50 cents worth of pennies!)

This week, the same manager said it would be $10 a box for rolled coin.

Needless to say, I didn't get any boxes this week from them. Has anyone else had problems with B of A?
 
Wow - that sucks!!! >:(
 
gracie8888 said:
Has anyone else had problems with B of A?
Used to get a box or two everyweek but lately nothing. Usually they say they just don't have any or forgot to order.

I know the reason why. My favorite teller quit and went to work at a local sportsbars as a bartender. He said a lot more money and none of the hassels. >:(

The vault teller did tell me that I could call in my order every week and they will get. No mention of fees though.
 
Living in the greater Houston area, I haven't run into this problem. There are just so many banks to buy from.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom