What's new

Sword pommel ?

Littleebear

Greenie
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
17
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Hello,

I found this recently and I was wondering if it might not be a sword pommel. It’s 1 ¾ " long. The base is oval and there is a hole at both end, one being square.

What do you think ?

LeB
 

Attachments

  • pom.webp
    pom.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 305
  • pom2.webp
    pom2.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 295
  • pom3.webp
    pom3.webp
    5.6 KB · Views: 281
It's a beautiful early doorknob (assuming there is no hole in the top?) . nice find.
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
It's a beautiful early doorknob (assuming there is no hole in the top?) . nice find.

yeap
 
Upvote 0
There is a hole at both ends, that's why I didn't think it was a door handle.
 

Attachments

  • pom4.webp
    pom4.webp
    5.9 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0
Sorry to be misleading. It still appears to be a door knob, despite the hole. Had the hole been much smaller, and the hole at the base rectangular rather than square, then maybe there'd be an outside chance it was something else. (you'll probably find after measuring, that the square hole is about a quarter of an inch)
 
Upvote 0
It is absolutely a doorknob. I think I have an example or two of that same style rolling around here somewhere. If you like, I will try to dig them out and post them.

Cool find. :thumbsup:


-Buck
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom