What's new

Sword scabbard ring?

Vonclemen29

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
518
Reaction score
532
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been a while since I was able to get out an swipe, but got out this morning to an old ferry where some union soldiers, and confederates have camped for weeks. I obviously didn't find the main camp, but I found some tell tell signs. Including what I'm thinking might be a sword scabbard ring? No clue. Had fun, and made memories with good friends, but one day we'll find that camp.
 

Attachments

  • 1455984973048.webp
    1455984973048.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 1455985071402.webp
    1455985071402.webp
    19 KB · Views: 128
  • 1455985119658.webp
    1455985119658.webp
    19.2 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 18
Shapes about right. Could be. Now you just gotta go out and find the rest of the scabbard. :unhappysmiley:
 
Not sure about the Scabbard Part, ' I don't own one , or know anything about the different types' .
A nice bunch of finds you got there.

These days in CW or older areas I take anything made of Brass , Bronze , Copper..
Anything but a Shotgun Shell Head.
 
Thanks. I've no clue if it is, but friend threw that out there. If it is I'm definitely gonna look again in the same spot.
 
I'd say with absolutely no doubt.
 
It now my opinion it is a Scabbard Ring.

Like I said I never dug one , or know much about them.
BUT
I was looking through my Older issues North South Traders Civil War & Noticed on one of the Covers
a Great Picture of a Civil War Sword in it's Scabbard & the Rings .....Just went to get the Copy; look almost just like the one you dug.

So I'd say if the Size of the Piece is Right You have a Scabbard Ring (that would hold a Smaller ring ) for attachments etc.

If someone knows the correct titles for these parts ; please list them , my Brain is Slow right Now.
Davers
 
I'm thinking king it is. Found these pics. Got same screw hole as this.
 

Attachments

  • 1456181024057.webp
    1456181024057.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 1456181037774.webp
    1456181037774.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 76
Looks almost like this one. Same ridges near mounting point, an same contour
 

Attachments

  • 1456183106510.webp
    1456183106510.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 79
No doubt "Yes " a Scabbard Ring?

Yeah, I think that Davers. That little screw hole did it for me, but I see you are of the same opinion. I've had a LONG dry spell here man. Can't even REMEMBER the last good hunt for me. How about the dude that got the TWO James shells in one day?! Boom. Mind blown.
 
Yes! I've had long dry spell too. So I'm happy. Took me a week staring g at it trying to come up with something, and my dad goes. Hey, that's a sword scabbard ring is think. Duhhh. Lol. Never would've thought about that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom