There's this old symbol that has been intriguing me for a while. Hope you don't mind.
It's situated right besides the front door of a building, the old family farm's brygghus ("Brewhouse". Not related to alcohol
). The house is from about 1905, and haven't been used since the early 20th century. I've asked around a bit, but no one seems to have any idea.
Anyway, it's a stylized B (from the looks of it) surrounded by a triangle. I'm thinking it might be a bomärke ("House mark") which appears to have have been quite common in Sweden, but I'm unsure of its use in the 20th century. Some info on that here.
Let's see if anyone knows anything about the heraldry of Scandinavian farmers.

It's situated right besides the front door of a building, the old family farm's brygghus ("Brewhouse". Not related to alcohol
). The house is from about 1905, and haven't been used since the early 20th century. I've asked around a bit, but no one seems to have any idea.Anyway, it's a stylized B (from the looks of it) surrounded by a triangle. I'm thinking it might be a bomärke ("House mark") which appears to have have been quite common in Sweden, but I'm unsure of its use in the 20th century. Some info on that here.
Let's see if anyone knows anything about the heraldry of Scandinavian farmers.



but that mark could go way back and since people just made up thier own design it would be hard to know. Kinda like branding I quess, you know yours and your neighbors mark. I'm just flapping my mouth here, nothing I know to do from here unless it turned out to be a well known famous mark and posted online 






