Syracuse Historic Building Demolished....Go Dig

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
jrl7575 said:
Yep, Tipp Hill here. I lived there from 83-00. Went to Fowler :( There are a few Erie Canal sites by Green Lakes that would probably be promising. The worn paths on the side are clearly visible still. Also, if you look right, you can tell some of the houses that were built next to the canal are from the 1800's and probably good sites to look.

Jay

Nice pic of the reverse traffic light,i went to solvay high school(lived in lyncourt)but hung around everywhere...when i was in grade school i went to seymore and lived on west street(i can remember we would go up to Fowler for swimming lol).
I always wondered about the erie canal ways too...wonder if detecting is allowed--havnt tried it yet but id like too..
If your interested in getting together this spring for some detecting get a hold of me via PM,hunted with 2 other Tnet members last year and had a great time

Shawn

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
UnEarthed72 said:
jrl7575 said:
Yep, Tipp Hill here. I lived there from 83-00. Went to Fowler :( There are a few Erie Canal sites by Green Lakes that would probably be promising. The worn paths on the side are clearly visible still. Also, if you look right, you can tell some of the houses that were built next to the canal are from the 1800's and probably good sites to look.

Jay

Nice pic of the reverse traffic light,i went to solvay high school(lived in lyncourt)but hung around everywhere...when i was in grade school i went to seymore and lived on west street(i can remember we would go up to Fowler for swimming lol).
I always wondered about the erie canal ways too...wonder if detecting is allowed--havnt tried it yet but id like too..
If your interested in getting together this spring for some detecting get a hold of me via PM,hunted with 2 other Tnet members last year and had a great time

Shawn

Yeap, same here. I hunted with Shawn and had a good time. This spring I am planning on digging lots of holes, and filling them back in of course :D
HH,
Donny

jrl7575

Greenie
Feb 6, 2008
Rogers, AR
Detector(s) used
El Cheapo 2000
I live in AR right now, but will visit this year and bring my detector. I can say that I think most of the canal ways are abandoned. The canal is broken up in so many pieces that it isnt kept up (tall grass...). Onondaga Lake Park might be a good spot, part of the canal is there. I went fishing there once.

Jay

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
jrl7575 said:
I live in AR right now, but will visit this year and bring my detector. I can say that I think most of the canal ways are abandoned. The canal is broken up in so many pieces that it isnt kept up (tall grass...). Onondaga Lake Park might be a good spot, part of the canal is there. I went fishing there once.

Jay

OK Az. i failed to look at your location under that avatar...my bad...well when you do make it back this way give me a shout.we could detect and go fishing as well(i have some great fishing spots,Oneida lake,Jamesville,butternut creek etc.).no matter what we'll have a great time i'm sure.

jrl7575

Greenie
Feb 6, 2008
Rogers, AR
Detector(s) used
El Cheapo 2000
Sounds god to me. I will scout out a few spots on google map and see where some of the good canal sites may be. We can meet up at Carousel or something.

Jay

Vulture

Jan 12, 2009
Sure would like tko meet up and hunt with some of you. Live in Weedsport. Moved back to the area 20 years ago and have just started mding. Could use some info and direction. :thumbsup:

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Back in the early 70's, Butternut St. and the surrounding areas were a pretty nice neighborhood...We used to hang at three different bars there, Bucky's, The Duck Inn and the Shack...they are probably all gone now...
The 13 Curves legend goes back to the late 1800's...a young lady recieved word that her beau had been injured and was rushing down the curves in a buggy and lost control about the seventh curve and died...they never recovered her body and that is why she still haunts the curves...
My buddies and I took our girlfriends up there to check out the story, saw lights and a few other things but that might be because we had inhaled some of Mother Nature's finer tobaccos that evening... :tard:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread