May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were probably a little too eager to try our newest 3 fields with the cropmarks, as the stalks from the oilseed rape were not cultivated into the ground. Therefore we could only do the smashed down tyre tracks in-between the 7 inch stalks.
I called the T shaped field that name for obvious reasons but what is interesting is that its on a perfect North/South alignment so the T stands upright on the map. This gave me the idea of the 2 fields sitting on top of the T bar being called Top T Left & Top T Right.
(Most of this explanation helps LandMag picture where we have been, he will join us later after cultivation)
When we arrived they had just started moling Top T Left, so as it had the most opportunity to do the moled lines & tyre tracks, so we started there. Only did 2 hours & confirmed the linear cropmark as Roman with 7 scrappies, & a bit of a Roman Bracelet. Plus had a 17th C Token.

We then did 1 hour on the T shaped Field & got 1 scrappy, Roman Iron Nail, & the most unusual Roman Lead Steelyard Weight I've ever seen. Can't find a match on the PAS or internet searches.

Took us 15 minutes to detect back to the car & Cru'dad got a scrap bit of silver.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Upvote 24

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Some great finds!

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That must feel promising for you if that was just the tire tracks. Good luck when you can swing freely.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, confirming at least 2 of the 3 areas are Roman & a large area grid on both will be required.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread