What's new

table lighter ?

allen

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
20,065
Reaction score
215
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think this is an older table lighter but
would like an approximate age on it
it has on the side a man talking to a waitress
and he says, can i get you on my diners card?
on the botton it has continental on it.
thanks for any help,
Allen
 

Attachments

  • allens coin shots 015.webp
    allens coin shots 015.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 317
  • allens coin shots 014.webp
    allens coin shots 014.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 324
I don't know why it would be a "table" lighter - it looks like a pocket lighter to me...

It's an advertising lighter for Diners Club obviously... worth maybe a few bucks in working and pretty clean condition. In perfect condition maybe 25 bucks.

I'll see if I can find one close to it... I think the Continental lighters were made in Japan. The same company made Penguin lighters and other names, same ligher - different names.

Like Ben say's below... I found some others like it and agree it's a 1950s piece.
 
Upvote 0
Table lighters were usually large and over sized, or at least the ones I have seen. How big is the one in the pictures? Monty
 
Upvote 0
it is about 2 inches long and 2 inches tall and a fourth of an inch thick.
i found this lighter when i was about 14 years old and it has been in
my junk box since then,
Allen
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
I'd think it was just a regular pocket lighter then. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • lighter penguin.webp
    lighter penguin.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 171
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom