MetallörgY Greenie Joined Aug 9, 2018 Messages 12 Reaction score 44 Golden Thread 0 Location Limestone, ME Detector(s) used White's MX Sport Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Aug 12, 2018 #1 Can anyone take a guess at what this holed copper coin might be? The coin is 31mm in diameter and is thinner, perhaps due to its age, than a KG III half penny and a US large cent. It is misshapen but does not appear to have been hit by plows, etc. Thanks to all in advance, MetallörgY
Can anyone take a guess at what this holed copper coin might be? The coin is 31mm in diameter and is thinner, perhaps due to its age, than a KG III half penny and a US large cent. It is misshapen but does not appear to have been hit by plows, etc. Thanks to all in advance, MetallörgY
MetallörgY Greenie Joined Aug 9, 2018 Messages 12 Reaction score 44 Golden Thread 0 Location Limestone, ME Detector(s) used White's MX Sport Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Dec 21, 2018 Thread Owner #2 Turns out this is an Auctori Plebis token (1787). -M Upvote 0
HuntinDog Bronze Member Joined May 26, 2010 Messages 2,357 Reaction score 3,538 Golden Thread 0 Location No. Cal. Detector(s) used XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer Dec 21, 2018 #3 Sorry no one had any guesses. I don't have any knowledge of early coppers or tokens. Very cool find... wish it was in better shape as I'm sure you do as well. But I did find these pics for reference. Attachments Auctori Plebis OBV..webp 23.6 KB · Views: 87 Auctori Plebis REV..webp 25.5 KB · Views: 85 Upvote 0
Sorry no one had any guesses. I don't have any knowledge of early coppers or tokens. Very cool find... wish it was in better shape as I'm sure you do as well. But I did find these pics for reference.
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 24, 2018 #4 Holy moly now that is cool Upvote 0
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Dec 24, 2018 #5 Welcome to tnet also from MI Tommy Upvote 0