What's new

Take A Look At This 250grams

TheTh3rd

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2014
Messages
349
Reaction score
137
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's heavy for its size...Extremely magnetic... And almost perfectly round/balanced.. Not to mention it is EXACTLY 250grams.
Did the natives have any type of weighing system? TIA

image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice Rock. I don't think it was man made.
 
I don't believe the AIs had standard weights or scales. Certainly they had volume based measurements.

Is that a rock? Not a cannonball, right?
 
If it is magnetic, it could be magnetite or hematite. Could be stream rounded. I found a corundum crystal that is exactly 300 grams, and I use a scale that is for weighing gemstones, pretty accurate, but it is just naturally that weight, as weird as that seems....
 
I always enjoy finding the round rocks but its a very hard ID as far as saying if it was used for anything other than just tumbling down a creek bed. Nice example
 
Nice find. Hard to tell if it was a tool, a treasured NA possession, or just a rock. Don't see any abrasion. But I did find a very heavy hematite hammer stone this year that I haven't posted that was round, but flattened on two sides, full of iron that a magnet sticks to. Was told (at an artifact show) that it was possibly a found and utilized meteorite, but i don't think so. Did you find this in a field or creek/river bed? Good luck to you!
 
Nice find. Hard to tell if it was a tool, a treasured NA possession, or just a rock. Don't see any abrasion. But I did find a very heavy hematite hammer stone this year that I haven't posted that was round, but flattened on two sides, full of iron that a magnet sticks to. Was told (at an artifact show) that it was possibly a found and utilized meteorite, but i don't think so. Did you find this in a field or creek/river bed? Good luck to you!

Having collected meteorites for 30+ years, I can at least eliminate the possibility that the rock in question here is meteoritic. It's clearly not, whatever else it be......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom