What's new

Take a shot? Military?

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I have no clue
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1778_01.webp
    DSCN1778_01.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 338
Albert, that's a neat pin. Where did you find it? Still have the pinback?
 
Upvote 0
No pin back, appears to be 3 studded but broke off, Found it while prospecting in north africa ::)

LOl naaaa,,, it was a gift, just trying to I.d. it.. It wasent dug
 
Upvote 0
Interesting enough Albert, I was in N. Africa in 1964. The Tripoli, Libya area to be precise. I had no interest in the art of metal detecting then however, being enlisted in the USAF. They use to find unexploded bombs in the swimming area of Wheelus Air Base and every now and then and close the beach while they blew them up. We found handfulls of Italian rifle cartridges (6.5 Carcano, thrown overboard when they were kicked out of Libya in WWII), just laying around on the bottom. Nothing to do with your pin, just an amusing anecdote. Monty
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom