What's new

taking a short break

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probobly won't be hunting as much for a couple weeks, waiting for taxes to get back. I'm sure I will do a little hunting here and there. I will be starting to order boxes when I return. If I do find anything before then I will post, just don't have as much money to play with right now. I've found a lot of silver this month and it does affect my pocketbook a bit. Not just coins, bills also. Keeping $20 dollar star notes and such adds up fast. Good hunting everyone!
 
Upvote 0
it sure does
 
You could always sell. :o (Silver bugs everywhere are reeling in horror). Throw the bills on ebay and cash in the silver. Take the money and use it to order more boxes.

Getting too attached to any of it makes it too easy to loose track of the big picture which I assume is financial gain.
 
mistergee said:
agreed...lack of funds takes a toll on the hunting.

Among other things like time and places to dump. I could do 10X what I do now if I just had more time.

So timbob what are your totals for this month?
 
FYI: Star Notes generally aren't anything unless they're old or are very low serial numbers.
 
Star note bills can really tie up your cash. My experience in my area of the country is that unless they are rare and in absolutely perfect, uncirculated condition...repeat, absolutely perfect uncirculated condition you might as well spend them.
rileyboy
 
That is currently my problem. That and I and my wife are looking for a home before the April deadline. It will take up most of my free time but I am planning a couple road trips once the money comes in.

golden silver
 
Short breaks can be good. Time to re-charge! :coffee2:
 
one of the star notes I have is in perfect condition, and the serial number is 00002920. It is also a district B 2004 note, which someone told me those a really rare for 2004 $20 stars. so I think it is worth something. The other ones I'm probobly just going to spend.

I posted my monthly totals in one of the jan totals posts.
 
I shouldn't be out for much longer, getting a lot back for taxes. Should be back in the game in a week or 2
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom