Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mist hovered just above the still water. The birds did not sing; nor did the crickets. An eerie silence hung over the lake. Thicker than the fog that was forbidding any attempt to pierce it. The life guards were meandering to their posts with care to start another arduous shift. A day filled with the unknown. A day filled with uncertainly. Would the sun pop through the fog? Would the rugrats behave? Would they have to save some one from "Davey Jones Locker?" The swisher slowly approached the shore wondering if this was the day. The day he would find that which was lost in the belly of Poseidon.

Starting at ankle level in the murky water the detectorist with measured practice swung Aqua Guru wishing beyond hope for the sound. A crow cawed. An omen? The digaholic felt an itch....that continued throughout his entire body engulfing him in pain. A fire that no water could douse. The curse was upon him. The swisher responded with a silent prayer muttered to " the patron saint of detectorist "Saint Digalot ." His prayers went unanswered.

"But why have you forsaken me?" gasped the swisher.

Knee deep in the ooze a piercing noise was emitted from his machine. A hot rod from hell was in his sieve. Another sound and the digaholic was taken back. A silver ring glared back at him from the retrieval device.

It was too much for him as he shouted to no one in particular..."Yes yes!" Suddenly from the darker, deeper depths of the lake an aberration approached him from five yards away. The creature was in a female form, screaming, unsteady on it's feet with two dark orbs where the eyes should have been. "I'm trying to swim here" it slurred out in a voice some what like that of a of a banshee with it's foot caught in the door. The detectorist was stunned. Not knowing which way to turn. The creature was on drugs that were much more potent then the meds he was on. Life guard to the rescue. The life guard chanted an unknow phrase and the creature reversed direction spewing gobble gook as it retreated. (woman I believe was on coke)

That was enough for our hero who exited the water and retreated to the nearest playing field to finish his dig off in peace and safety! Once home the digger relaxed in his favorite rocking chair. Dreaming of treasure and of the countless lost souls forever immortalized in stone.

Attachments

• sr1.jpg
    sr1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 77
  • sr2.jpg
    sr2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 71
  • sr3.jpg
    sr3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 68
  • sr4.jpg
    sr4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 11

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You should be a writer in your down time from digging!! I thoroughly enjoyed that read!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread