What's new

Talked to the manager at Brinks

Cat J

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
789
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
And he said it was not true. No one ordered $60,000. He said they normally order that much at one time and only get their stock in ever so often. That with all the banks ordering halfs for customers that they had depleted their supply and had to order more. So far I do not like their new shipment of coins. Lots of skunks. So I found a different carrier. Anyone heard of ATS?

HH
Cat
 
Upvote 0
So that's confusing ...

.... who does Brinks order from? Or do you mean your local Brinks office ordered from other Brinks offices?
 
probably other brinks where houses, I hope they are not coming from Colorado for your sake, as Mark and I and I think a few others who are smart have been dumping into only brinks..
 
Also, I assume when you say "dumping into brinks" - you mean dumping into a bank that you know Brinks services - correct?
 
Correct.
Its pretty easy to find a brinks as if you ask for halves and they bring out a bunch of brinks you got em, if they have no halves. Ask for a roll of quarters and dimes or cents. If they are clear...they are a dump bank, if paper, an order bank.
The thing to be careful about, sometimes different branches in the same town can use different services. Branch of bank x on one side may use brinks, where the next town over they use loomis. Just depends on the contractor
 
So Dave, and I quote

"Mark and I in Colorado and a few others Buy from the loomis and dump on brinks
Ironicly there are some that just buy from brinks and cant figure out why there yeilds are so low."

"NO AMOUNT OF MARKING COINS WILL STOP A BANK CUSTOMER WITH SILVER COINS FROM DEPOSITING THEM RIGHT ON TOP OR RIGHT BEFORE YOUR DEPOSIT/DUMP"


Isn't this statement true for costumers who deposit at a bank that uses Brinks. or do they sort out the silver and send them to Loomis in Colorado?

Mojo
 
One never knows, we are just trying to get deeper into the loomis boxes as they have more. Its skunk box after skunk box then really good stuff then more skunks. Meaning halves are being pulled from different pallets. Occasionally I get a box dated 2005 or 2004, they are really good. Then

of course people still deposit silver into brinks around here, but there are not as many brinks banks. So the odds in this area are better with loomis boxes. Odds are some brinks boxes will have silver...but there may be many barren boxes between them when you are collectively dumping 10 to 15k a week into them.

if people work in teams in conjunction the odds go up of clearing out older boxes. rather than have the same batch of 50k in halves just going back in and hoping a good bag gets in there too. just a different hunting style
 
seattleMD said:
So that's confusing ...

.... who does Brinks order from? Or do you mean your local Brinks office ordered from other Brinks offices?

A federal reserve bank branch.
They buy the bags and roll them.
 
The brinks office here gets their money from Indianapolis and also from Louisville KY. The Indy office gets their money from Chicago and the Louisville office gets their money from Cincinnatti. So what I have been doing is ordering all my money at ONB who get all their money from Chicago through Indy and dumping at Fifth Third who sends all their money to Cincinnatti. Last week I got money from Louisville and had one good box. This week I got ONB money and had bad boxes and one good box from ATS which was a good box. I called that bank and they will not order boxes for anyone so I am going to try to contact ATS and see who they diliver to in this area. I just seached box number 300 for this year. I even called Brinks and asked if they wanted the boxes back cause I hate to throw them away. They said no it was all figured into their bank charges. I sure hope the boxes get better soon or I will be taking a drive down to visit LJ.... LOL Hey LJ should I bring my metal detectors with me when I come down and my fishing pole too.

HH
Cat
 
Also when I asked Brinks about ATS he said it does not matter if you get Brinks, Loomis, Well Fargo or ATS we all get the money from the same place and if we have to much of something we all send it back to the same place. So one brinks depositoy does not get money from another one they all go to the Feds for it. So I don't think it helps to buy from Loomis and dump on Brinks it all ends up the same place.

It is just the luck of the draw.

HH
Cat
 
This thread will get interesting. Just watch and see.
 
I talked to manager at dunbar earlier this week and he told me basicaly the same thing.All the haulers get there coin from the same location,but with brinks rerolling there own they only get more from fed when they run low.Dunbar's closest delivery to me is 75 miles.He told me lots of luck finding anything other than brinks in my area.Im trying to get away from brinks orders as i get nothing from them....my average is less than 1 per box.Bank hopping is my only hope around here maybe ill start doing more dimes and pennies....hh jon
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom