What's new

Tanks............

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Came across these today after I had been detecteting, I was looking at some new land to search, and these were just sitting there :icon_scratch:

Looks like they have been there a while, one had trees growing all around it :o think they are post war, and might be either Russian or Chinese...what do you think :dontknow:

SS
 

Attachments

  • april 3 005.webp
    april 3 005.webp
    160.5 KB · Views: 539
  • april 3 006.webp
    april 3 006.webp
    242.2 KB · Views: 526
  • april 3 007.webp
    april 3 007.webp
    200.2 KB · Views: 530
  • april 3 008.webp
    april 3 008.webp
    195.9 KB · Views: 525
  • april 3 009.webp
    april 3 009.webp
    206.8 KB · Views: 543
Don't know, But can you Take 'em Home ? :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
jeff of pa said:
Don't know, But can you Take 'em Home ? :laughing7:
That might happen :o if I can find out who they belong to ;D

SS
 
Upvote 0
SS, I think it is a Russian pt-76. HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • pt76_sh.webp
    pt76_sh.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 500
Upvote 0
SS, I guess your MD didn't have a hard time finding those chunks of metal! :laughing7: At least you didn't have to dig 'em up! Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
I just want to know....

What kind of signal did you get when you found these?
 
Upvote 0
Broken knee said:
I also found this link showing your tank's www.massimocorner.com/afv/Surviving_PT-76.pdf
The second and third images on pg. #4 near the village of Hovingham, North Yorkshire ? SS Is this correct? :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
:o :o :o :notworthy: :notworthy:

That's exactally were they are Broken Nee...Great ID :notworthy:

SS
clovis97 said:
I just want to know....

What kind of signal did you get when you found these?
:laughing9:

It was quite iffy, I nearly never dug it :laughing7:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
SS, I guess your MD didn't have a hard time finding those chunks of metal! :laughing7: At least you didn't have to dig 'em up! Neat find, Breezie
:laughing9:

Couldn't quite get the discrim high enough Breezie :laughing9:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Cool find.If i had found those i would be there every day and night getting one of them operational since theres a few for spare parts nearby.Could come in handy for a revolution or civil war.
 
Upvote 0
If i bought one of them off you, would you mind paying the shipping ;D
 
Upvote 0
No good mate. The old German trick of tying 3 bottles of petrol around a hand grenade still works well on Russian tanks.
Mind you, at todays prices for petrol/gas there's a fair chance someone will steal it before it's thrown!
 
Upvote 0
Red James cash said:
If i bought one of them off you, would you mind paying the shipping ;D
No...but I will drive it there and you can pay the fuel cost :laughing9:

SS
 
Upvote 0
If they are diesels then i already have the fuel for them.(I make my own diesel fuel)How many gallons do you think you will need?
 
Upvote 0
FISHEYE said:
If they are diesels then i already have the fuel for them.(I make my own diesel fuel)How many gallons do you think you will need?
This should do it :laughing9:

On a serious note, are these Tanks worth anything :dontknow:

SS
 

Attachments

  • 1ef407744f3a7fed03ec4bf94f1229f3.webp
    1ef407744f3a7fed03ec4bf94f1229f3.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0
Probably no more than someone was willing to pay mate. They're not in good nick and the Russians had thousands of them. Nip down to stamford bridge, Abramovich can probably sell you a couple of new ones! :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Probably no more than someone was willing to pay mate. They're not in good nick and the Russians had thousands of them. Nip down to stamford bridge, Abramovich can probably sell you a couple of new ones! :laughing9:
Well I know they have been dumped there for over 7 years, good scrap value I suppose :P

SS
 
Upvote 0
These operate at about 3 us gallons per U.S Mile . Lets see how far is that ?
Some one better own a Bank ! :)

You would have to have one of those fuel trucks follow you all the way. Well you might have to have 3 or 4 of them now that I think about it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom