What's new

Tanks............

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Came across these today after I had been detecteting, I was looking at some new land to search, and these were just sitting there :icon_scratch:

Looks like they have been there a while, one had trees growing all around it :o think they are post war, and might be either Russian or Chinese...what do you think :dontknow:

SS
 

Attachments

  • april 3 005.webp
    april 3 005.webp
    160.5 KB · Views: 539
  • april 3 006.webp
    april 3 006.webp
    242.2 KB · Views: 526
  • april 3 007.webp
    april 3 007.webp
    200.2 KB · Views: 530
  • april 3 008.webp
    april 3 008.webp
    195.9 KB · Views: 525
  • april 3 009.webp
    april 3 009.webp
    206.8 KB · Views: 543
Just put one on a ship.I will pick it up at the port of miami.They are anfibs so i could use one for shipwreck treasure hunting and protect the site from pirates too:)
 
Upvote 0
Im assuming you are in England and the tanks must have been shipped over. I see a gate and a fence so Im assuming its also private property. Very interesting post but do you think they are abandoned? Steel is way up now. The last pic does have trees growing around it.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Im assuming you are in England and the tanks must have been shipped over. I see a gate and a fence so Im assuming its also private property. Very interesting post but do you think they are abandoned? Steel is way up now. The last pic does have trees growing around it.
I looked on Google Earth, and moved the time scale to 2004, you could see the Tanks, I don't think they have been there much longer than that.
Were they are parked is a site of a disused quarry, the building there shows little signs of use, proberbly the old quarry workshop :dontknow:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Chances are they're post 1991. Unlikely to have got them before the collapse. One of those "wow! that's a great bargain. They'll come in useful one day!" kinda moments i guess.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom