Target specific Chambered Pendulum

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT17000/Explorer XS/Exp SE Pro
I have two (2) commercially made pendulums with screw-tops and chambers. They are Mermet and modified Mermet. I started thinking my results (responses) might be better if I made my own......sort of a 'personal touch'.

I took a fired cartridge case (257, Roberts) and punched out the primer. I used 12" of 80lb Spectra fishing line for the cord. I tied a half-dozen overhand knots in the end of it and threaded it inside and out through the primer hole then pulled it up tight in the hole with the tag-end hanging out the back. I poured a glob of five-minute epoxy in the neck and let it harden and lock the knot from the inside. Ten inches of cord was hanging out the back.

I filled the empty case with alcohol and 20 grains of gold flakes. I then seated a 120 grain Barnes X (pure copper) hollow-point in the neck. Finally, knowing my 'hang length' is six or so inches, I slid a plastic bead down the line and tied a couple overhand knots at the six inch mark. Then I slid the bead back up until the knot was tight inside it. I tied a small loop in the excess end to finish.

This thing works great. It swings freely as I 'pinch' the bead. I do not know if it is because I made it.....or what, but it responds far better than my 'commercial' toys and it is my 'go-to' pendulum for maps. It spends it's 'off-work' time in my pocket. BTW, a fella in one of the other threads talked about turning a....'known-used' map face down to get a 'true' read. I find it works for me to work the map face-up with my eyes closed and my wife working the straight-edge. I work bottom corners, left and right then try for a third intersecting line from the side-center. The three lines have converged enough times to keep my heart beating.

Bud

silverhunter/dowser

Oct 5, 2004
columbia sc
I'll have to try that.
what is the size of a 257?
I have 7.62x39 and .303 brit that i can use. I also have just made a pendulum by sandwiching
a silver dime and silver chain between to silver quarters with a sewing machine needdle glued
to the half exposed dime at the bottom.
Silverhunter

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey BudP.....I use an old old ever-sharp pencil...It is 2 1/2 inches long....With the guts removed I can put small samples in it. I have never found the need to put anything in there...Art

Attachments

• P4070006.JPG
    P4070006.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 353
OP
OP
B

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Hey Aarthrj,

I don't know if flakes of gold inside helps. It's the only way I have tried it. My responses won't let me change now.

That is a great looking 'bob'. Looks like some great silver-work on the outside.

Silverhunter,

.257 is half-way between the two you mentioned. I'm making a couple more(one for me, one for my brother-in-law). as we speak, out of .22-250 cases.......

A side note; this morning my wife and I were about to give up on a search for a lost item(gift card for $120). We had torn the house apart for days (do not have a clue why neither of us thought of 'dowsing'). I had given up and walked to the table where I had placed a plastic bag of parts for my new dowsing bobs. The instant I picked up the bag, I looked to the left on the floor at a stack of books and got a creepy feeling. I told my wife to get over to me and look on the floor, by the books. The certificate was in a flat box right where I told her to look. May my kids drop dead if this is not a TRUE story in it's entirety.

I have never had this type of thing happen before. I have always needed a pendulum swinging to get info. My wife just got off the phone, telling her sister, in N. Cal of the find. I have never seen her so enthused. That is probaably a good thing as she is my partner.

Bud

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
I have successfully longranged a jesuit site in Utah from Melbourne within a foot with a length of cotton attatched to a 3/8 nut. Its all in the mind. Although it would help if you knew when to dowse and when you are unable to dowse, plus dowsing under a tiled roof is a no no. max

OP
OP
B

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
I do not even attempt a search (map/info) unless I can go immediately and verify the results. This means comparatively short distances, within a couple hundred miles. It would be neat to search out King Solomon's mines from my house but if I cannot verify it now and in person it may as well be chalked up as a failure. It's sort of like reading about fishing and never going. You're not going to put a whole lot of fillets in the freezer.

Just my take.

Bud

OP
OP
B

BudP

Sep 19, 2005
OR
Detector(s) used
Hey Max,

On another board, you spoke of 'time to dowse'. At times I have gone nuts trying to figure why (and what to do about it) my pendulums sort of 'turned off'. I did some studying and adjusted my code (I never change 'yes'-'no' code) and started using 'clockwise' to indicate 'is the question unclear' and 'counter-clockwise' to indicate 'should I try later'. Sometimes it's an unclear query and I'm back in business, at others.....I may as well put the sucker away for a day or so. Do you have any suggestions? Waiting until the third Wednesday in Oct. is not getting it done.

Thanks,

Bud

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions