What's new

TD Bank Silver Hoard

NJ Marty

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
659
Reaction score
410
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I was at TD Bank this morning and saw some silver dimes in the tray and asked if I could buy them and i got $5 worth for face value.
I then asked if she had any other old coins and the lady said "yes, someone came in earlier and cashed some in, would you like to buy them"? She pulled out a big sleeve of dollars and some rolls of halves. The total price for everything including dimes came to $114. In the lot were 50 Morgan dollars 19 Peace 4 silver halves, the rest of the halves were 40% and $5 in silver dimes. Its dumb luck i walked into the bank at the right time but happy I noticed the silver dimes in the tray.
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_20180622_102812.webp
    thumbnail_20180622_102812.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 445
  • thumbnail_20180622_104513.webp
    thumbnail_20180622_104513.webp
    223.7 KB · Views: 445
  • thumbnail_20180622_105641.webp
    thumbnail_20180622_105641.webp
    210.7 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0
Well that’s fortunate timing....

You win. Big time.
 
Last edited:
Now that is a very nice score!
 
Sweet cull of silver. Love the Chips A'Hoy plastic sleeve/roll for the Morgan/Peace dollars. I would nominate for banner, but it is a long standing tradition not to in the CRH section.
 
Also would love to see the dates on the dollars, the Barbers and the Mercs.
 
Good God, y'all.
 
SCORE!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:
 
That's just incredible. I'm a little envious and wish that would happen to me! But grats on the amazing score of Morgans, peace, barber/merc dimes and other silver! Super astonishing

Edit: I'm voting banner on this one! Very rare to see someone score that many Morgans and other old silver.
 
Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase of some great looking coins.
 
I was at TD Bank this morning and saw some silver dimes in the tray and asked if I could buy them and i got $5 worth for face value.
I then asked if she had any other old coins and the lady said "yes, someone came in earlier and cashed some in, would you like to buy them"? She pulled out a big sleeve of dollars and some rolls of halves. The total price for everything including dimes came to $114. In the lot were 50 Morgan dollars 19 Peace 4 silver halves, the rest of the halves were 40% and $5 in silver dimes. Its dumb luck i walked into the bank at the right time but happy I noticed the silver dimes in the tray.

WOW Quite a score
 
Holy crap that is amazing. That is a crazy score!
 
You win the day, likely the week and month!
 
That's just incredible. I'm a little envious and wish that would happen to me! But grats on the amazing score of Morgans, peace, barber/merc dimes and other silver! Super astonishing

Edit: I'm voting banner on this one! Very rare to see someone score that many Morgans and other old silver.

Breaking tradition. What's the sense of having traditions?
 
I’m jealous! Very jealous, and I’m not afraid to say it.....WOW! AWESOME! I have no other words.....very nice score.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom