What's new

TD Bank Silver Hoard

NJ Marty

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
659
Reaction score
410
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
I was at TD Bank this morning and saw some silver dimes in the tray and asked if I could buy them and i got $5 worth for face value.
I then asked if she had any other old coins and the lady said "yes, someone came in earlier and cashed some in, would you like to buy them"? She pulled out a big sleeve of dollars and some rolls of halves. The total price for everything including dimes came to $114. In the lot were 50 Morgan dollars 19 Peace 4 silver halves, the rest of the halves were 40% and $5 in silver dimes. Its dumb luck i walked into the bank at the right time but happy I noticed the silver dimes in the tray.
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_20180622_102812.webp
    thumbnail_20180622_102812.webp
    113.3 KB · Views: 445
  • thumbnail_20180622_104513.webp
    thumbnail_20180622_104513.webp
    223.7 KB · Views: 445
  • thumbnail_20180622_105641.webp
    thumbnail_20180622_105641.webp
    210.7 KB · Views: 363
Upvote 0
F A N T A S T I C, good for you.
 
I came back to get the update on what the dates were on the Morgan and Peace dollars. After reading the whole post again, I’m still amazed about this find. Just awesome and I think a find like this is what all of us would love to find. It keeps the hope alive for us.
 
Just got back from vacation and saw this. Amazing score - gives the rest of us hope. Did this come from a branch in north, west or central nj?

$1k in collectable or melt value is a record - especially for dollars. The most I found at once was 9.
 
Holy Crap!
:notworthy:Fantastic!
 
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn! AWESOME!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom