What's new

Tejon Help......

swat2004

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Loudoun Va
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Tesoro Tejon
I have just bought aTejon and i am having problems with it....Here is my delima..Ater i ground balance the tejon(which took me a long time to learn) when i start to sweep from left to right it keeps beeping at the end.This only does that in metal only mode. I live in Virginia and the ground is very mineralized. Will minerals in the ground make the tejon beep like that.
 
Have you tried backing down your sensitivity? i keep mine at 10 but your ground may need a lower setting,just a thought.

Nova Treasure
 
I tried in on 4 and all the way to 10 and still keeps beeping at the end of every sweep.Its very eratic
 
Is everything tight like the coil cable? Have you tried it in a different discrimination?
 
I think rmpt has a Tejon...you might send him a pm and check with him on that one. I tried the Tejon a few times and never could get the ground balance right.
 
I have tried everything besides throwing it off a cliff
 
You may want to call Tesoro or Scully from badger metal detectors is very good with the Tejon, as he is one that did the write up on the Tejon for Tesoro. Hope they can help, because it is a fun machine. Let us know as things progress.
 
Mine was beeping off the wall in disc mode. I was new to it at the time and am not sure what I was doing wrong... it has not done it since.
may have just been the area i was in.. why dont you bounce out of all metal mode and see what it does there?. if your getting it in disc mode also then ya same problem i was having.. i know this might not be of help at least it will give you hope.
 
After many thoughts i called Tesoro and spoke to a guy in Tech support. He said that the problem i am having should no happen. So i decided to to send it back to see what the malfunction is, weather its me or the machine. At least i have my spare 1266X. I will post the outcome of what the problem is once i get a call back from Tesoro.
 
Sounds good Swat, I hope it's figured out and you get it back soon. Keep us posted.
 
I had a problem with my Tejon right after I bought it. I called them up and mailed it to them. Fixed it pretty quick and I had it back within two weeks of sending it. I will say their support is top notch. It feels like calling up a local repair shop instead of a big company.
 
Philvis said:
I had a problem with my Tejon right after I bought it. I called them up and mailed it to them. Fixed it pretty quick and I had it back within two weeks of sending it. I will say their support is top notch. It feels like calling up a local repair shop instead of a big company.

What did they say the problem was?
 
I don't think there is anything wrong with the machine, probably something wrong in the way you are using it. The Tesoro is probably the most stable machine out there. You say "metal only" mode. Do you mean "all metal" mode? The term "metal only" makes me think that you are not at all familiar with the machine. Why would you want to use the machine in the "all metal" mode anyway. In that mode you will have a threshhold sound and that is probably what you are hearing. If you just click the lower discriminator knob off "all metal", just past the click, you will pick everything up anyway and won't hear a sound until you get a target.

Once you learn the Tejon you will love it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom