What's new

Teknetics Omega trouble.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Messages
1,354
Reaction score
226
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all, I just bought my brand new Teknetics Omega 8K with the 11inch coil. I took it out today for about an hour and first target was a 47 rosie. Happy about that I continue swinging and on my next target the pinpoint button does nothing. I press it down and no response at all...I've only used the machine for about an hour total. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
 
It's a very reliable machine but it is possible it's defective. Which would suck. The thing that has got me a couple of times is when I haven't seated the coil connector properly into the main housing. Just try reseating it and make sure it slides in all the way before you tighten the retainer. I assume the battery is okay.
 
Battery is new, I guess I could try reconnecting the coil cord.
 
I have never used a Teknetics before and am regretting my choice I think. I've never even had a detector break before let alone within the first hour of owning it.
 
Farscape said:
I have never used a Teknetics before and am regretting my choice I think. I've never even had a detector break before let alone within the first hour of owning it.

Like I said, IF there is something wrong out of the box it would be extremely unusual but I also get upset if I spend good money on a new item and it doesn't work right. That is a great detector and has a large user base.
 
Jimbog said:
Farscape said:
I have never used a Teknetics before and am regretting my choice I think. I've never even had a detector break before let alone within the first hour of owning it.

Like I said, IF there is something wrong out of the box it would be extremely unusual but I also get upset if I spend good money on a new item and it doesn't work right. That is a great detector and has a large user base.

Right, from the little while that it worked it worked well, nice and quiet...when I hit the silver rosie I though the machine was going to melt because the signal was so loud and clear..lol.....ugggghhhh, I am so irritated.
 
Lemons happen to the best brands.

Since you're new to this model and don't know what constitutes a "working machine", I'd suggest taking it to a MD Club, or find someone in your area who owns that same machine and have them give it a once over.
If its a lemon, no biggie. Send it back.

One lemon can be forgiven. It happens to the best.
Two lemons is a hint to look at other brands.
 
Any word on the problem with the Omega? Just curious.
 
If it's brand new you should contact the establishment you bought it from and ask for another since this is obviously defective.
 
Felix from First Texas heard my issue and just FedEx'd me a brand new detector and shipping labels to mail my old one back at their expense. Can't get better service than that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom