What's new

Tell me about it

Dirtdiglr

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
97
Reaction score
83
Golden Thread
0
Location
LA Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
Technetics
Garrett
So it's been a little while since I posted. I'm working in Dallas Texas area and did not bring my machine a Delta 4000. Couldn't stand it anymore I already researched around here and saw that the oldest of any of mapping had a homestead and school house not too far away. I'm winding down here And trying to phase out of work so a little rain, I decided to go hit this spot it is now in more of a easement for the drainage.
Up until last night I knew 20's forward to the late 40's. Well, when I checked out the name of the school and found it it also had dubbed for the First Baptist Church back to its Inception of 1890. There opened up1800's grounds for huntin'.
It's a little overgrown but not too bad. You can make your way around and through and it did start raining on me so it wasn't bad I didn't really find a lot. I found mostly, hmm some, well all clad, couple of circular round shaped disk with some type of a fastener on the back but nothing to it actually then there was the trade token.
No. Let me say this was the first target. And after scambling through the crumbly dirt. I see it. It's cut, it's shiny. Ole dirty minded me had to grab it and rub it. Damn! I saw the name MOORE. The other side TRADE. Limited info. So, you know.
Maybe old. I think it is a 12 1/2 c. Tried short time to date it after washing it off. To no avail. Maybe somebody out there has seen something of the like.
if have let me know.
alright enjoy
 

Attachments

  • 1476471441035.webp
    1476471441035.webp
    74.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 1476471459843.webp
    1476471459843.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 10
It's a piece of a token "one of those "good for ?? in trade". Is it made of aluminum?
 
ITS A TOKEN NOT SURE , BUT NEEET .
 
Dirt - if you are patient, you might be able to slog through all the tokens on tokencatalog.com that have the word MOORE on them. Right now there are 822 of them. Limiting the search to USA tokens pares it down to 816. Limiting it to only TX ones cuts it down to a manageable 34. Of them, only one is 12½¢ and it is evidently not the same as yours. Too bad the site won't allow a search for everything with the word Moore and 12½¢, or if it can, I don't know how to do it. So, since 12½¢ tokens are far more prevalent west of the Mississippi, and within that area, more prevalent in the states west of, and including, the Continental Divide, if you want to continue searching, pick one of those states at a time to search. Being familiar with Idaho tokens, I searched my state for you - nothing. Hope you find something! And, if you come upon something that might be what you have, but doesn't have an image posted, let me know what it is and I'll try some other places to get a photo to compare with yours.

John in the Great 208
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom