What's new

Tell me what you think? I was in the historic part of town and I found this bottle. T

Truth

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
14,366
Reaction score
32,167
Golden Thread
2
Location
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ef685d9484da2ce3c4fbf773baaab6c8.jpg
98d3eeac1712a1f55a061acf6668f8ae.jpg
 
Nice find but much too early for Hadacol. And in the perfectly correct location but the bottle profile is incorrect. lol
 
Last edited:
It isn't a Hadicol bottle but a nice find.
 
So what you're saying is in order to be from 1845 it would have to be a Hadacol bottle? I'll google that and get educated. I appreciate your time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I found one small like that with 1845 on it. Nice find.
 
I was told by a bottle guy it was

Really so this bottle could be that old? I'm not sure what that other guy was talking about who commented first, see if you can understand it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I found my washed up on shore from an old civil war union camp site{now underwater}. The lady that knows about these things said it was an older medicine bottle and that was the date. I would assume that he is talking about a maker or a drug but I am unsure which. She told me I could probably get about $15 or so off of it.
 
Sorry, that bottle is not made in 1845 IMO.

Research the evolution of glass bottle production. In 1845 things were done differently than in 1885 than in 1905 than in 1925, etc.

Seams, mouth, bottom... just doesnt strike me as 1845 production methods.
 
Believe it or Not, I'm going to Guess it may be a Lot or factory Number.

& the Numbers Circled are connected to the Date.

& yours is a 1905 Bottle .
I don't think it's a 1975.

98d3eeac1712a1f55a061acf6668f8ae.webp

I'm no expert But these are Similar Enough
To make me Confident

AceBeer4.webpimages.webpimage.webp
 
Last edited:
Need better pictures of seams on side, lip and clear pic of bottom (logo). This appears to be a blown in a mold bottle which would put it prior to 1902. Most likely late 19th century. It appears to be a 3 piece mold the bottom of which allowed the bottle maker to change out with each lot for different companies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom