What's new

teller calls my wife says she has $80 bucks worth of halves --some 60's era

ivan salis

Platinum Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2007
Messages
16,836
Reaction score
3,817
Golden Thread
0
Location
callahan,fl
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I was at wal mart getting the wife some stuff she wanted ...she told me the news and said they closed at 4 pm -- I hot footed it over there with 5 min to spare -- yep 80 bucks worth of halves --160 --- all of em 40% ers -- cha ching -(240 bucks) -- after putting back the $80 buck back --$150 worth of pure profit (I spent 10 on a nice box of chocolates for the tellers wise investment )… head teller said that the gals "cherry picked the 90% ers" but since I was always so nice to them --they decided to call me to snag the rest)

she said it was part of a estate turn in --they told the guy it was worth more than face value --he said --I don't care cash it out into paper money --80 bucks (160) worth of 90% value 4.50 each( 720) and 80 bucks of (160) 40 % ers at 1 .50 each (240)...960 bucks --minus 160 face value --means he lost 800 in value ...he only got 1/ 6th of what he could have got ...sad very sad indeed..

at 10 bucks a hour and 40 hours ($400 a week) --that's 2 weeks worth of wages (800)--
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd say that was very nice of them to give you a call and let you have the 40%ers. Wouldn't it be so nice if more tellers out there didn't know or care about silver at all. Just some wishful thinking on my part!
 
Did you sell them privately or to a dealer, if you don’t mind my asking?
 
dealer --- 1.50 per 40 % half --- 3 x face --- 90% s were worth 4 .50 each
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom