What's new

Teller Tray Gives Up A Beauty

Joliet Jake

Full Member
Joined
May 10, 2005
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
As I was dumping my weekly bags of skunk halves, I noticed a white rim in the tellers tray of quarters. I always check for halves, Ikes, etc, but this was the first silver rim i had ever seen. I asked the teller if i could buy one of her quarters, as it looks like an older one. She picked it out from the 25 or so quarters without help, and says "You can have it, but it isn't old, it's from 2004." I bought it, thinking I had got one of those late night TV silver plated coins. I got home and looked closer, and you can see below what it was. My first Silver Proof find!
 

Attachments

  • 2004-S Iowa Obv.webp
    2004-S Iowa Obv.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 453
  • 2004-S Iowa Rev.webp
    2004-S Iowa Rev.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 448
Upvote 0
That is a true score my man (or WOman)...

I always get a little awkward when I ask the teller if I can buy "That third dime down in the fourth group...no, the next group up...no....further up...no...the silvery one...", but they seem to tolerate me. I think they look at me and just realise that it is "...that crazy guy who collects coins." so they humour me. I am not too concerned by the description since that is how I describe myself on the phone when I call to order Havles..."Hi, this is "NAME"...that crazy guy who always orders the halves...".

Anyway, good find! Maybe this can be an eye test for old CRHers...if you can spot a silver coin at 3 feet, you can keep driving!
 
Yep, that's a nice one fer sure. :wink:
 
That's a beauty, alright. I haven't read of many of those being found!

Brian
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom