What's new

Tellers forcing me to quit.... fake bicentennial too?

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
1,512
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
I go get my 2 boxes, on my way out, teller tells manager eventually we will have to say no more ordering... I will then go, A. withdraw my whole account, B. I will dump all the coins I don't want here, C. you order whatever I want with no questions

box 1 - skunk

box 2 - 1966, silver proof bicentennial fake i think though...

if the bicentennial is real silver it would be 90%? which would have a heavy weight? this thing feels like a leaf... therefore i think it is a copy?

also got 2 golden look halves, with 1960 and 1985 dates stamped engraved, whats these?
 
Upvote 0
It might be a magicians coin that someone sprayed chrome on. I hope I'm wrong and it is real silver.

Good Luck,
JJ
 
it does have the lines... so I think it may be real... are these rare to find?

also just realized i should check for an "s", it does... so it is a proof :)?
 
d2arcing said:
it does have the lines... so I think it may be real... are these rare to find?

also just realized i should check for an "s", it does... so it is a proof :)?

1976 S halves that are silver are 40%, not 90%. And also, they had 1976 S proof silvers and 1976 S mint set silvers (not proof, but still 40% silver). I have found at least one of each type.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
d2arcing said:
it does have the lines... so I think it may be real... are these rare to find?

also just realized i should check for an "s", it does... so it is a proof :)?

1976 S halves that are silver are 40%, not 90%. And also, they had 1976 S proof silvers and 1976 S mint set silvers (not proof, but still 40% silver). I have found at least one of each type.

Jim

damn you got knowledge, :icon_thumleft:, thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom