What's new

Tellers who lie?

cs15

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Do some tellers just lie to you when the are either too lazy to help you or are hoarding the silver? There are a couple of banks in the town that I live in that the tellers always tell me they don't have any halves when I ask. They are usualy the older lady tellers.
 
Upvote 0
When people have something to gain and can gain from something many people lie.

The word no is a lot easier to say than let me check or yes.

Its funny, some tellers are happy to get rid of the weird stuff so it makes there balances at the end of the day easier, others horde and protect everything as if it were gold.
The younger teen and twenty somethings are much more helpful when it comes to these things.
Catch them off guard if you think they are lying, Say your just looking for a few for your kid or for tooth fairy money or something that sounds cute and the older ones get a bit more helpful and will sometimes at least look.

The older tellers have seen it all and have had a more than fair share of peoples who they like or dislike. the easier it is for them the better...of course.
 
some are lazy and lie. Some are nice and helpful.
 
How about the line when asking them to see if they have anything in the vault they say "the vault teller isn't here today". Then how in the world do they get their money through out the day?
 
I have gotten the vault teller is at lunch or went home early, but its also at the appropriate times in most cases.
Generally I find if I am a polite pest and ask when they will be back, or what is there name, etc. It forces an answer in a polite way. This also gives them an easy out with out making them look bad.
Simply come back another time and once they get to know you a bit better they are more helpful.

No matter what being as polite and professional as possible gets you a long ways. Even if you get a bad teller or a mean teller if your always nice to them, telling them you appreciate it, telling them to have a nice day when your done, complimenting them on something mundane like a sweater or jewelery and just being pleasant does wonders.
Bank tellers get a lot of crap from people sometimes, particularly when they have to tell people they cant do something due to policy like cashing another banks check or dealing with "non" customers. I have seen more than one redneck start ranting loudly at the tellers when they wont cash a check or want to see two forms of ID or need to take a finger print etc.
When this happens however it can be a golden opportunity to get good on there sides.
If you remind the redneck that its not the tellers fault and that its corporate and there is nothing the teller can do it often calms the redneck down, you may have to listen to a short complaint but then when you get to the teller just be like, "gosh some people, not like its your fault" of course they agree with you and love ya for it, remember you and are quite accommodating of yuor needs.
 
Many times the vault teller isn't in. Just ask them her name and when she'll be back. Get her card and call back later.
The best times to hit a bank are Tues, Wed, Thur. when things are slow.
 
Some are loud and rude- and if you resist the temptation to give her the bird and walk out- you can make a good friend at the bank. It happenned to ME, next payday I'm gonna raise my box order there and I don't even have an acct. Another branch is on the lazy side, old fat teller got out of getting ME halves cause I don't have an acct. (I should have lied), now when I go in they just say don't have any- I was prepared to open an acct too. HH Mark
 
I've had quite a few so happy to get rid of them that they offered to help me carry them out! Some are a pain tho.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom