What's new

Tempe Butte, AZ Old Treasure Carvings ??

DolanDave

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
47
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPZ 7000, GPX 6000, Equinox 800, ect.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are some old carvings near petroglyphs on Tempe Butte, AZ. Enclosing pics... if anyone knows what they mean ? The 3 looking symbol next to horse head looks like an old 16th 17th century spanish Z.
 

Attachments

  • Rock Carving.webp
    Rock Carving.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Tempe Butte Pic.webp
    Tempe Butte Pic.webp
    384.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
There are some old carvings near petroglyphs on Tempe Butte, AZ. Enclosing pics... if anyone knows what they mean ? The 3 looking symbol next to horse head looks like an old 16th 17th century spanish Z.
I believe you will find that Tempe Butte is the site of one of the panels of Mystery Glyphs. Do a search for these and also Terry Carter, who has provided information on the carvings for decades. Some folks conflate the glyphs with KGC lore. Here's a fairly recent map of known Mystery Glyph sites.
Mystery glyphs-on-1879-map.webp
 
Agreed. Talk to Terry Carter Treasure Hunter on YouTube.

Bests In Treasure

LUE-Hawn
 
There are some old carvings near petroglyphs on Tempe Butte, AZ. Enclosing pics... if anyone knows what they mean ? The 3 looking symbol next to horse head looks like an old 16th 17th century spanish Z.
Hi Dave, If you have a photo showing the petroglyph I may recognize some of the symbols. I would need to see a photo of the full panel with the photo orientation (up/down, top/bottom, horizontal) explained. You can message me if you would like to keep this off-line. Ed, SaddleBrooke, Az.
 
Here's a photo of the Tempe Butte mystery glyphs. I didn't take the picture and don't know if it includes all to be found there. You can probably monkey with it with a graphics program to better emphasize the carvings.

Tempe mystery glyphs.webp
 
Thanks, it is difficult to see all the detail. The horse head is unusual. Early petroglyphs usually never show the detail of a quadraped head, only the direction, horns and perhaps some other symbol combined with it. I'll get back to you later on what I'm seeing.
 
I really need to put eyes on the petroglyph to see enough details to form ideas. I can comment on what I'm seeing in the photo from a novice perspective, but all of this is purely conjecture. It appears the lower half of the panel may be missing or eroded. The carving appears to be with a metal tool since the lines are so narrow and clear. This is odd, unless the artist received a metal tool from somewhere. The most distinctive things looks like there are two fellows with hats or helmets. This means white man, possibly Mexicans, maybe Spanish. They are likely the subject of the panel. The upper right fellow may be trying to reach something (travel) in the direction he faces. It is unusual to see a horse with so much detail. I think this would only be done if the artist was seeing a horse for the first time and wanted to show others what this new creature looked like. The horse appears to be carrying a pack or crate. The direction of travel is indicated by where the horse is facing. Ahead of the horse might possibly be simplified symbols for going between a rising feature on the right and descending feature on the left, like a saddle between two different height hills. It is more likely this symbol somehow represents nearby geography. The horizontal arc with an "x" below is unusual. I have not seen an "x" to show a spot where "something is hidden" below; they would use a pecked dot. The circular shape on the far left with a tail might be "veer to the left to see something held." The two U-shaped symbols together bottom right likely signify geography. Perhaps look over the edge and back to see something. The cracks in the rock may also be part of the message, likely showing some geographic feature. One really needs to be at the petroglyph site to see the symbols and view all of the surrounding terrain and geography before interpretation might occur.
 
Cutting to the chase, the Mystery Glyphs (named by Terry Carter), of which there are 30+ scattered throughout the west (including Temple Butte AZ), are speculated by some in the TH field to be the work of the Knights of the Golden Circle and/or other associates in different groups (the Organization), possibly earlier and later than the generally accepted 1860-1930 general time period. The carvings were clearly done with precision using steel tools and allegedly are coded messages relating to alleged caches of precious metals and perhaps other valuables. The symbols are a mixture of Native American, Egyptian, and other esoteric figures. Many are found in mineralized country with nearby railroads. It's a big conspiracy theory and has been/is being considered by many conspiracy analysts. It's a rabbit hole.

You may have a different perspective on the phenomena. Good luck with your research.
 
Guys, I still have my ASU student ID :)
Maybe a trip is in order? Are these accessible? I can just go there if they'll let me in..... Ill get pics if I can.
Ill look into this, but if anyone has info in the meantime......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom