Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize there were no building codes in New Ross in 1308? They could have built it as large as they wanted without any footings and it probably could have lasted a long time.
As for blacksmith shop, have you looked at the layout in photos and sketches of the stones that Joan dug up?i

Has anything found at this site been dated to 1308?Has anything at this site ever been dated before 1800?Has anything at all interesting ever been found at this site?

I have looked at her pictures and there isn't very many stones.
One guy could load every single one of these stones into a wheelbarrow and remove them from the site in one day.

I would rather take the opinion of a junior archeologist over something like this compared to someone with no experience at all.
Once you add in Joan also claimed little green men stole her neighbors car and ghosts wrote her messages.I will bet the bank on the junior archeologist being closer to true answer.

One thing we do agree on whatever was there was small

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah. But there you have further proof. The ancient freemasons are the ones who have protected the secret and holy [building] codes, with only a gap of a few millennia when they didn't exist, since Hiram Abiff worked on Solomon's temple.

Who do you think convinced the municipal fathers to adopt the building codes now in place? They're everywhere. ;-)

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... with only a gap of a few millennia when they didn't exist,....

Ha! But you only THINK they "didn't exist" after the 1300's. They went underground in secret, and conspired to lead people to believe it was dis-continued and extinct. While secretly .... they still run the world. They fooled even you. Pretty clever , eh ?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Has anything found at this site been dated to 1308?

No.

Has anything at this site ever been dated before 1800?

No.

Has anything at all interesting ever been found at this site?

No.

One guy could load every single one of these stones into a wheelbarrow and remove them from the site in one day.

I would rather take the opinion of a junior archeologist over something like this compared to someone with no experience at all.
Once you add in Joan also claimed little green men stole her neighbors car and ghosts wrote her messages.I will bet the bank on the junior archeologist being closer to true answer.

Just out of curiosity, what's your story? You basically came out of nowhere and swung for the fences, and you did well at that. I think that we're on the same team here, but I'm interested in how you wound up on it. This forum was a cesspit of an echo chamber only a few years ago, and it's just starting to clean itself up, largely thanks to a few forumites that are aware of their contribution to this. You arrived at exactly the right time.

Do I know you from somewhere?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They did find some older coins on the surface. Unfortunately coins show an earliest possible date but not a latest possible date. Silver stays in circulation for centuries (at least until 1964 when it surpassed face value).

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
They did find some older coins on the surface. Unfortunately coins show an earliest possible date but not a latest possible date. Silver stays in circulation for centuries (at least until 1964 when it surpassed face value).

Hell, silver still circulates. I have a friend that occasionally works a cash register. Every so often, she finds something for me. There's a whole subforum on Tnet devoted largely to people who make a hobby of catching silver "in the wild." It's not common, but even after 50+ years of people actively removing it from circulation, it still turns up - not just at banks, but also in cash registers. I mean, my interest in CRH began when I went through my bucket of pocket change ten years ago and found a war nickel. My first couple of dime rolls produced a silver Rosie. I haven't had the best of luck since then admittedly, but it's out there.

The older coins found so far represent fairly common ones as I understand it, although I haven't been following closely. These are the sorts of coins that not only circulated as currency during the colonial era, but also turn up on beaches all up and down the east coast of North America. As you say, the dates only give us a "born on" date; they tell us nothing about where the coin's been since then. I've found wheaties in parks that produced zero silver, and while I'd like to think that that 1928 was dropped in 1928, it had probably been dropped in 2016, given the lack of corrosion and the fact that it was sitting on the surface. Dates without context can be extremely misleading.

Have they found any truly unusual coins, or just Spanish silver?

Last edited:

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would make this not a stone castle.

I said earlier I will not argue a smaller building such as a small house or black smith shop. Especially since a blacksmith owned this property back in the early 1800's.

What evidence has been produced from this site supports that it was a small fortress.

But I finally got you to state that the building that required only a 12" footer that you described as "large" was 600 square feet or less.With that being said since 600 sqft is large to you a "small" fortress of less then this square footage could be possible and will garner no further argument from me.

Quoted and bumped for a reason.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Has anything found at this site been dated to 1308?Has anything at this site ever been dated before 1800?Has anything at all interesting ever been found at this site?

I understand that some charcoal was dated before 1300 and the lady who wrote the article wasn't an archeologist she was a part time student writing an essay for a social science project. That hardly qualifies her to make an opinion on anything.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...the lady who wrote the article wasn't an archeologist she was a part time student writing an essay for a social science project. That hardly qualifies her to make an opinion on anything.

She based her statements on the opinions of the two Parks Canada archaeologists who visited the site.

Pippin

Jan 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
She based her statements on the opinions of the two Parks Canada archaeologists who visited the site.

Raparee well your just going to have to do a fund raise and put this baby to bed once and for all. Let me know and I'll give you my dollar maybe even two.

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loki.

Here is another of my quotes that completely contradict your statement in another thread.
I think I have proved my point and now lets move on to the next argument that I'm sure is soon to come.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raparee well your just going to have to do a fund raise and put this baby to bed once and for all. Let me know and I'll give you my dollar maybe even two.

You never know, bud. I might just take you up on that.8-)

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Loki.

Here is another of my quotes that completely contradict your statement in another thread.
I think I have proved my point and now lets move on to the next argument that I'm sure is soon to come.

And exactly what quote is this? I have always said it was not a large fortress as you had seemed to claim it should have been. You were the one looking for a giant European style castle. I have always premised a small wood constructed fortress such as the Lewis and Clark fortress on the Missouri River in 1804.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You could load all of those stones in a single wheelbarrow? It must be one large wheelbarrow, maybe Paul Bunyan's!

Cheers, Loki

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOKI,

You were wrong when you said I claimed there was no type of structure ever on the Harris property.
These quotes are clear evidence to support that.

I am certain there was no castle there due to a lack of a foundation to support one
I also don't think whatever small structure was there was built by Templars in 1308.
I do think some type of small house,shop ,stable or something like that very well could have been there in the early 1800's.If you want to disagree with my thoughts on that.fine.

You can't twist it or try and restructure my comments to mean something else.It is right there for all to see.
You either flat out lied or possibly mistook other comments for mine

Either way.
I don't need you to admit you were wrong I proved it and now let it go.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOKI,

You were wrong when you said I claimed there was no type of structure ever on the Harris property.
These quotes are clear evidence to support that.

I am certain there was no castle there due to a lack of a foundation to support one
I also don't think whatever small structure was there was built by Templars in 1308.
I do think some type of small house,shop ,stable or something like that very well could have been there in the early 1800's.If you want to disagree with my thoughts on that.fine.

You can't twist it or try and restructure my comments to mean something else.It is right there for all to see.
You either flat out lied or possibly mistook other comments for mine

Either way.
I don't need you to admit you were wrong I proved it and now let it go.

I was wrong about what? You don't think there was a structure there built by the Templars proves me wrong? You think something being built there in the 1800s proves me wrong? Where are you coming from with this?
Cheers, Loki

NewAge

Jan 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could load all of those stones in a single wheelbarrow? It must be one large wheelbarrow, maybe Paul Bunyan's!

Cheers, Loki

You fill the wheelbarrow up with some stones.
Pick upwards on the 2 handles.
Walk forwards and once you get to where you want to dump the stones.
Lift harder upwards on the 2 handles and dump the rocks out.
Lower the wheelbarrow back down and push it back to the site where the rocks are.

Repeat the whole process and all the rocks in that picture would be gone in less then a full day.

This is totally my fault for not explaining this complicated process and can see how some people may be confused about my vague post implying how to move some rocks with a wheel barrow without detailed instruction how this might be accomplished.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You fill the wheelbarrow up with some stones.
Pick upwards on the 2 handles.
Walk forwards and once you get to where you want to dump the stones.
Lift harder upwards on the 2 handles and dump the rocks out.
Lower the wheelbarrow back down and push it back to the site where the rocks are.

Repeat the whole process and all the rocks in that picture would be gone in less then a full day.

This is totally my fault for not explaining this complicated process and can see how some people may be confused about my vague post implying how to move some rocks with a wheel barrow without detailed instruction how this might be accomplished.

Sorry, I did misunderstand, with your knowledge of wheelbarrows you could come work for me!

Cheers, Loki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread