Tesoro Cibola & Tejon Both Score Silver - Damn Those Pit Bull Dogs!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a good hard rain at my house last night, so I popped out of bed early to go try the new location that I found yesterday. I drove around 7 miles to the site and arrived there at 6:15 only discover that it didn't get a drop rain. The ground was bone dry!

I decided to give it a shot anyway, so I pull out my Cibola with the Sharpshooter coil attached. My settings: full sensitivity, a little negative on the ground balance, a slight hum on the threshold and had the discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out most pull tabs.

As soon as I got started a big pit bull came charging from across the street and stop in the middle of the street and gave a bunch of low warning woofs and growls. I could tell that dog wasn't going to run if I ran at it, so I just eased away and started detecting further away from the dog. Then I saw another even bigger pit bull get up and start looking to see what all the woofing was about, so I moved even further away to detect.

With all the dry ground and tying to keep an eye on the pit bulls, I did manage to unearth a 1943 Mercury Dime, 3 Wheat Pennies and some clad coins.

Around 7:30 I decided to go back to the site that had the tall grass that was close by. I wanted to give the Tejon with the 9 x8 concentric coil a shot at the tall grass.

I set it up the same as I did the Cibola except for the discrimination, I set it just high enough to discriminate out nails.

I managed to get my coil over a 1944 Mercury Dime and some clad coins. The owner came out around 8.45 to let his two little dogs out and I spoke with him some. We exchanged telephone numbers, because he's going to talk to his next door neighbor and his fiend who lives across the street to see if it would be OK for me to detect their yards.

I can tell that the yard across the street is going to be a good one to detect, because it has steep slope to the front yard that kids used to love to roll down. I also brought him another sack full of my home grown tomatoes.:laughing7:

tabman

Cibola%20amp%20Tejon%20Score%20Silver%20003_zpsw6qqhncz.jpg
Cibola%20amp%20Tejon%20Score%20Silver%20005_zpsr9fuwaxs.jpg

Cibola%20amp%20Tejon%20Score%20Silver%20006_zpsoqlis51c.jpg
Cibola%20amp%20Tejon%20Score%20Silver%20009_zps1r1u70wv.jpg

Cibola%20amp%20Tejon%20Score%20Silver%20013_zpszehnkgks.jpg

Cibola%20amp%20Tejon%20Score%20Silver%20011_zpsidqydfcv.jpg

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sack of tomato's is a nice touch. I used to bring farmers store bought pies for the privilege of being able to hunt Pheasants.

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tab, I've got a Tejon and a Silver U. Love them both so much. I'll grab them 75% of the time over my expensive bells and whistles machines...

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sack of tomato's is a nice touch. I used to bring farmers store bought pies for the privilege of being able to hunt Pheasants.

Thanks. I want them happy to see me coming.:) Treat people nicely and most of the time you'll get the same in return.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tab, I've got a Tejon and a Silver U. Love them both so much. I'll grab them 75% of the time over my expensive bells and whistles machines...

Same here with my Tesoros.:thumbsup: I just sold one of my bells and whistles machines and I'm getting ready to sell another one.

When it comes to having fun and finding the good stuff, it's hard to beat a Tesoro. I will keep trying others to make sure.

tabman

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here brother..... Happy hunting tabman.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Btw...tabman.... I've noticed that my little silver umax is just as powerful as my Tejon. I dunno why. Maybe because the soil here in Michigan is mild and doesn't require the ground balance as much..... I dunno.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you found a good site to hunt :thumbsup: Congrats on those Mercs. Man it' looks like you dug a lot of targets...

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro Cibola & Tejon Both Score Silver - Damn Those Pit Bull Dogs!

Nice finds once again Tabman!

KennyD love my little Silver uMax too! For something that looks like a kids toy it sure does a great job at finding goodies!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you found a good site to hunt :thumbsup: Congrats on those Mercs. Man it' looks like you dug a lot of targets...

Thanks. I keep moving around from location to location until I get on a hot spot.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread