Tesoro Cibola

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good price for a used cibola. Go for it. If you don't like it, you should have no problem getting your money back and maybe a few dollars more.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you still have your ace 250, I believe with the Cibola, the Ace will become a back up unit. I think tesoros are very good units, Tim

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grab it. The Cibola is a good light weight machine you can use all day. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
I bought it!!! Its pretty sweet and it still had the bumper sticker "Tesoro Means Treasure". The ground is starting to thaw here in Indy! I was able to dig three targets in the back yard two ball jar lids and a toy car. BTW I've dug tons of Wheats, 2 Indian Heads, 1 War Nickel, 1 Roosevelt, and 1 Mercury out of my own yard. I did a air test and it would top out about 9 inches. I will have to find out what is "chatter" and what is a deep target. I took out a huge piece of drift wood and set a Peace dollar, silver Washington, and a wheat with bolts in-between them. It has a decent recovery. The cool thing I found out was I put two bolts directly on top of the Peace dollar, and it still read the coin perfectly.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a cibola severl years ago as a back up and it became my main machine for two years until I bought a Vaquero. Great all around machine. Tuff and lite weight weight machine. Real good depth also. :headbang:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't fall into the trap of "super tuning" the Cibola. It makes it too sensitive in my opinion, and nearly impossible to discriminate out larger iron. If you are in a wide open field it "might" be advisable, but generally a sensitivity setting of 8 and threshold just before the redline and discrimination just before 5 cents has worked just fine for me. :thumbsup:

You are going to have lots of fun with this detector.

OP
OP
nick.foltz

nick.foltz

Dec 24, 2009
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Tesoro Cibola
Its been in the 50-60s this week so the ground finally thawed out. I did some mding at the house, and went to the park. I did find a watch and a 1.02 in clad. :laughing7: I discriminate against iron always, but big iron still hits. Its not all bad I did find some cool looking iron things like old horse leads etc. I really like the detector, and it goes DEEP. I tried the "super tuning" but it just chatters way to much, and its quite annoying. I put the discriminator a little above iron because I have some gold items and doing the air test it knocks it out if its set to high. I have yet to find a gold item, and this year I'm digging everything until I do! I took the wife out with me and she used the Ace. I'm suprised she even did. She is supportive, but she thinks its "stupid" :laughing9:. She md for about an hour and found a bunch of pulltabs, and one penny. She may change her mind one day. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions