doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received a new born into the Church today, the Tesoro Compadre and what a wonderful addition to the family.

What can I say I think this is going to be my go to machine ...so far very impressed, I have a screw nut possibly the smallest I seen a detector and suprised for how the Compadre picked it up at 3.5" in bury compact soil and hit it hard to sounding like a mid depth coin, and not breaking up sounds which I can easily disguise so well now, and even how sensitive it is on nails and larger cans type sounds vs the shallow coins. The 8" coil is a wonderful in finding objects that the Compadre can easily pick up and with the assistant of my trusty Vulcan pinpointer that allowed me to dig more objects with the Compadre along with the Hori Hori digger I used today.

Got some great finds so far in my yard and across from my street a newly dug construction removal to un-yielded some earth junk so far and will hit it again tomorrow. So far after my hunt today this sensitive detector at 12 KHz Day 1, found some decent CAN clad, which of course set just below 'ON' in Iron just allowing some junk in my yard... and man this little companion so sensitivity to small objects with that comopared to my Vaquero, indeed this unit is so good to picking up the even smallest decent depth objects with discrimination set to omit the objects mostly either .05, foil and the I in Iron, for this this detector.

Cant wait to dig up more, happy so far more to come.:icon_thumleft:

Thaks Tesoro!:hello2:

Last edited:

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More! More!! Your excitement speaks volumes.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
On my first hunt with my 7" coil Compadre in a tot lot I got a banging signal that sounded like a big coin.
I had trouble finding this target in the chips, even my Propointer could not pick it up unless it was touching it.
Not a coin, it was one lone bead from the kind of chain you get with a nail clipper.
The first of many shocking experiences I have had over the years.
Slingshot says he found a ball off of a common ball point pen with his once...not the whole nub assembly, just the tiny ball.
In a super trashy area I had hunted a million times before with other detectors I came across a for sure dig me high signal that ended up being surrounded by trash on three sides close.
It was the smallest silver ring I ever found...point 3 grams.
Not quite as wide and as thin as a dime.
For the Compadre doing this was effortless.

Oil your jaw...it will be dropping often.

Attachments

• P1010844.jpg
    P1010844.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 67
  • user10659_pic63538_1420113566.jpg
    user10659_pic63538_1420113566.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear!!!
Love my compadres. Phenomenal machines.
I wish you many more finds!!!
Happy hunting!!

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compadre finds so far. That small nut was 3.5" down, just amazing.
file-5.jpeg

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
BTW....
Even though this thing is so sensitive, can pick out great targets in heavy trash and iron and a ton of fun to use, there is another task it can effortlessly do and an important reason that I believe all hunters should have one of these in their arsenal.
That double beep next to big metal...triple beep if it is shallow.
This is a superpower that I can't replicate using any other Tesoro, other brands and any coils or combination of settings and boy have I tried over the years.
This is any Compadre with the 5.75, 7 or 8" coil.

Here in Bama I hit many tot lots and found a bunch but when I moved to Kansas on just about every one most were strangely absent of targets and I mean cleared out.
It was like someone or a crew of hunters were hitting these things regularly and often.
I found plenty just outside these lots so I believed some just decided to hit these sites and nowhere else which seemed weird to me but, whatever.
I did find in every one of these silent sites plenty of targets they all missed...but all of them were right next to the big metal legs of the structures.
I don't mean inches away on a lot of them but right next to them with some even touching the metal.
I found a Canadian Loony once at one, standing straight up I believe and no further than a quarter inch away from a large metal leg.
One time, and to this day I still can't believe even the Compadre could do this, I had the crazy idea of swinging under a metal step, a big thick piece of grated metal that was the bottom of a series of these that led up to a slide or some other type of apparatus.
The step was maybe 6" above the chips and not wide so there was also big metal on either side holding it up in about a two foot span.
I swung under this step with my coil and I was shocked to get that same telltale double beep.
I dug into the chips and sure enough found a coin a few inches deep directly under the center of that metal step.
I don't know of any other detector that can do these things or at least I have never held one and even if one could nothing can do this so easily...nothing.

I am getting a Mojave tomorrow so I wonder if it will have this same little superpower.
If it does I might let my Compadre go if it compares favorably in all other areas, if not my Compadre stays with me forever.

Here is a vid I did about this.
I could have moved that dime and placed it touching the fence pole and it would have been the same result.
At the exact right speed a double beep on targets a little deeper, on shallow targets a triple beep, one for the big metal and two as each edge of the coil passes over the target.

[video=youtube;MmWzTo4GCak]https://youtube.com/#/watch?v=MmWzTo4GCak[/video]

Last edited:

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
video unavailable?

This video is unavailable.
Sorry about that.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like these lil 'super powers' so far on the Compadre, I am noticing only with this detector, thanks Digger I thought I was the only one. Great to here these type of diggable story's of finds near metal objects, sometimes those finds are the best ones!

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Half of those penny finds were at the edge of the side walk as well? I thought I was hitting a pipe all along side of the side walk nope penny, sometimes shredded foil blown likely from my lawn mower and was picking up alot of broken signals except that small nut came in strong enough as a coin that was my 3rd item dug with my Compadre, my first was a penny then a dime then the nut...so dug it, but I can tell the breaking signal on those other objects so I keep scanning non breaking signal it was a penny worked the whole outside of the side walk found most of them.

A word to the wise, we tend to walk on side walks so that is where most of the money will be, also jewerly check your garden beds and tot parks that is were I found that ear ring beside the swing, I think when mom swing there children on the swing or pick them up off the slide...there hair gets tangled up in the action with the hand movement then out pops a earing...makes sense to me.

Electricfrontporch

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My last two pieces of silver jewelry were under a metal inclined sit-up bench at the local fitness trail.
Don't let the overload tone fool you. If there is a target there it will let you know.
Mojave is equally capable around the big metal in playgrounds.
With the sensitivity around 2-3 it may be a little smoother.
I'll never sell either of them, they are tot lot gold magnets!

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more I use my Tesoro's now, i can feel they are growing on me like a bad habit, I can feel that there will be more instruments added in the near future.. I'm hooked on Tesoro! As others, it would be hard for anyone to sway me different for a great beep and dig machine. Love talking to you guys and will be sure to share more finds and stories. HH.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how it happened to me. Started with a compadre. Now look at my signature.... Haha
Great machines

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it's going to be a while to keep up with some of you, I am sure you have a long history of finds and like some of your detector companions under your belt.

ripvanb

May 7, 2017
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 & Tesoro Compadre 8"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using the Compadre 8" since April. Its pretty great. Although I can't compare it to any other detector since it's my first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions