weldor

Greenie
Jan 13, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
1265-X, 1235-X, Garrett Groundhog Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pulled the trigger on a new Compadre a couple of days ago, been detecting a long time but had not done any for a couple of years, when I went to fire up my old Fishers booth were dead so after advice on this forum I got the Compadre.

Been cold and windy the last couple of days but had to go and try it out, so far I'm satisfied but have a couple of questions.

This seems to be a magnet for deeply buried large iron objects. I live in house in the country but there was an old house in the same location a hundred years ago, got one good signal that turned out to be an old cast iron stove pipe damper about six inches in diameter about a foot deep also an old horse shoe about ten inches deep, couldn't believe it, also a couple of old gears also cast iron between four and six inches diameter at about the same depth. couldn't believe haw loud a signal they produced. Also found a oil lamp base and a spoon and the other assorted trash brass.

Went down to where there used to be an old church not far from me that I've hunted for years and pulled out a nice 1841 Indian Head.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the little machine,just have to get back into practice.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome & congrats on the new detector ! :occasion14:

8KCAB

Jul 12, 2011
Bakersfield
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Compadre, too.

I played around with it in an area where I mine placer. Does anyone know if the soil is "heavily mineralized", does the Compadre chirp a lot? I'm assuming this soil is, since it is gold-bearing, but I didn't get any chirping. I did find a "hot rock" and other junk.

OP
OP
W

weldor

Greenie
Jan 13, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy 8KCAB. Don't know about the mineralized ground, I don't think that is too much of a problem in my area, but it sure doesn't like electric lines.

I still think I am going to be very happy with it when I get to know it better.

tx_digger

Feb 3, 2014
DFW TX
Detector(s) used
Compadre Ace 250 F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ditto on the electric lines...especially when the wind's really kicked in (20+ mph) causing the lines surrounding my house to sway. As you might expect, my 8" Compadre senses the EMI more so than the 5.75" coil. Another oddity, neither really enjoy being in the vicinity of my home's electric meter...you know the ones that auto-report your usage to your provider. Go around the other side of the house and the chatter stops. But the best of luck to you and your Compadre...hope you have as much fun as I do with mine.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't say enough good things about the compadre.I have both the 8" coil and 5".Given the right location they are real coin magnets.Good luck..HH

OP
OP
W

weldor

Greenie
Jan 13, 2014
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[

That sounds like my experience down to a letter and I also have the auto report. Haven't had a chance to try it out much due to weather and frozen ground but really looking forward to getting out.

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cant wait to get my Compadre! I WILL have it soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions