In my opinion, it was not the technology that led to this, it was lack of marketing and communication. When James Gifford left the Company, outreach and marketing also left.
We have been saying that for years.
Time is long gone when you could get by with just a few ads in metal detecting magazines.
They haven't added much to their Facebook page since 2014, they had that Cazador debacle and pulled back out of most forums and social media when they got flack about it.
If you called them Vince, Alan Cannon, Carl when he was there and others were happy to talk about and talk up their products but for the life of me I can't understand why they didn't understand this is the 21st century...not the middle of the 20th.
I thought it was strange when the father died and the brothers took over...and then the one brother left the company.
In most companies making decent money when the older generation dies off family members rarely leave.
Again, hope they get it together but Vince's head in the sand attitude about promotion and firing a lot of people out of the blue with no warning doesn't make me respect his common sense or attitude about much else.
Maybe they can hire someone smarter, better and keep the company going somehow.
If not they had a nice run.
I will grieve but I still have my two Tesoros and a couple of other detectors too so I will survive.