Terry Soloman said:
jdubnc said:
I am wanting to purchase a gold detecting machine. I live in NC, near Greensboro. I have been gold prospecting with a 2" dredge and want to add a gold detector to my collection. I want one that could be used in shallow water (no deeper than 2 feet). I am thinking of the Tesoro lobo. Mostly, because of the lifetime warranty, and i could do a lil coin hunting as well. However, I am mostly into gold prospecting. I would like to hear from people who own these machines and get the pro's and con's. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeremy
Love this review in Lost Treasure. I think the Lobo and GMT were designed by the same fella (?).
http://www.losttreasure.com/content/archives/tesoro-electronics-lobo-super-traq-gold-metal-detector
They were designed by the same fella.
--Dave Johnson
Chief Design Engineer, Fisher Research Labs and First Texas Products (Teknetics and Bounty Hunter)
Designer of the following gold machines:
Fisher Gold Bug (no longer in production)
Fisher Gold Bug 2 (in production)
Tesoro Diablo Micromax (my personal all-time favorite gold machine, no longer in production)
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq (general purpose, in production)
White’s GMT (in production)
White’s MXT (general purpose, in production)
And also of the following general-purpose machines with serious gold prospecting capability:
Troy X-5 (no longer in production)
Teknetics T2 (in production)
Fisher F75 (in production)
Fisher F70 (in production)
And, the Fisher F5 and the Teknetics Omega (both in production), which offer good gold prospecting performance when equipped with the accessory 5 inch DD searchcoil (release to production spring 2009)