Tesoro Recommendation?

Grandma

Jul 15, 2013
southwestern New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - Looking for advice. I am about to buy my first metal detector. I have kind of narrowed it down to three Tesoro's: the Outlaw, the uMax, and the Vaquero because of price and weight. Any thoughts on these? My biggest concern is the high mineral content of the land here - unfortunately very high - and from reading everything I've found, it seems that may be a problem with this brand? Is any one of these better at the high mineral content than the others? Thank you!

If you are worried about mineralization forget about the uMax series. They do not have manual ground balance capabilities.

The Outlaw and Vaq are both fine machines and and either will be a fine choice. The Outlaw comes with 3 coils, one being a 10x12 DD coil which will help even further in mineralized ground.

If you are worried about mineralization forget about the uMax series. They do not have manual ground balance capabilities.

The Outlaw and Vaq are both fine machines and and either will be a fine choice. The Outlaw comes with 3 coils, one being a 10x12 DD coil which will help even further in mineralized ground.

X2 - Great advice.

The Outlaw with the 3 coils is the one to get. Fella gave an excellent post. :icon_thumleft:

BTW.... Welcome to Tnet..JPG

Last edited:
And thank you, Sandman. Three out of three - the Outlaw it is. Thanks, all, now I can't wait to get it!

I have the Outlaw and love it. You should really be set getting the outlaw.

go for a GB machine, outlaw and vaquero are both good value

Grandma is this your first detector? If it is and you need help with it there are some real good outlaw users on this forum. I might also suggest you go to YouTube and watch videos on the outlaw by 53Silver. He has some real good videos of the outlaw operation.

Can't go wrong with any of them. They're all beep+dig machines.. gotta love the simplicity..

Thank you rainyday101, yes it is my first - better late than never? - and I will do that!

Ausgoldhunter, that is exactly what I need - simplicity. I didn't want one with pictures - LOL! Thank you!

Outlaw is the best option and value with all of the coils which will surely match your ground

never used the outlaw, but by considering frequencies I think the Outlaw would make a better first detector than the Vaquero or Tejon. Good luck and have great finds with your Outlaw!

Thank you everyone - The Outlaw it is. I'm so glad I asked - you have all been so helpful! Thank you all!!!

Thank you everyone - The Outlaw it is. I'm so glad I asked - you have all been so helpful! Thank you all!!!

when you get it, tell us your experience. With a detector and 3 coils you will be busy for quite a while :)

Welcome to the forum Grandma:hello:. Good luck in your detecting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back