What's new

Tesoro Sand Shark vs. Tesoro Tiger Shark

Overkill Overkill

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
76
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Wow, I had no idea how good Tesoro products are until I read a good thread in the "Brands" forum of this website.

My question: Can someone please "break down" for me in simple terms the difference between the Sand Shark and the Tiger Shark. I realize the Sand Shark is a PI unit, but for the life of me I still can't seem to tell what that means in terms of practicality. I will be metal detecting in wet salt sand, shallow salt water, some dry sand, and some freshwater. I am searching for the Hope Diamond attached to a gold ring :). No, seriously, I guess my goal will be gold and platinum rings. I am new to water hunting but I have some experience dry sand hunting. So, how does one possibly pick the Sand Shark over the Tiger Shark or the Tiger Shark over the Sand Shark. A little help would be greatly appreciated. :help:

Finally, does the Tesoro lifetime warranty transfer to me if I buy a used unit from an individual?
 
Upvote 0
OK, thanks Joe. So you don't find it too much of a hassle of having to dig so much junk with a PI unit because you don't want to miss anything valuable - correct?
 
Overkill Overkill said:
Wow, I had no idea how good Tesoro products are until I read a good thread in the "Brands" forum of this website.

My question: Can someone please "break down" for me in simple terms the difference between the Sand Shark and the Tiger Shark. I realize the Sand Shark is a PI unit, but for the life of me I still can't seem to tell what that means in terms of practicality. I will be metal detecting in wet salt sand, shallow salt water, some dry sand, and some freshwater. I am searching for the Hope Diamond attached to a gold ring :). No, seriously, I guess my goal will be gold and platinum rings. I am new to water hunting but I have some experience dry sand hunting. So, how does one possibly pick the Sand Shark over the Tiger Shark or the Tiger Shark over the Sand Shark. A little help would be greatly appreciated. :help:

Finally, does the Tesoro lifetime warranty transfer to me if I buy a used unit from an individual?

:spam4:
 
Overkill Overkill said:
Wow, I had no idea how good Tesoro products are until I read a good thread in the "Brands" forum of this website.

My question: Can someone please "break down" for me in simple terms the difference between the Sand Shark and the Tiger Shark. I realize the Sand Shark is a PI unit, but for the life of me I still can't seem to tell what that means in terms of practicality. I will be metal detecting in wet salt sand, shallow salt water, some dry sand, and some freshwater. I am searching for the Hope Diamond attached to a gold ring :). No, seriously, I guess my goal will be gold and platinum rings. I am new to water hunting but I have some experience dry sand hunting. So, how does one possibly pick the Sand Shark over the Tiger Shark or the Tiger Shark over the Sand Shark. A little help would be greatly appreciated. :help:

Finally, does the Tesoro lifetime warranty transfer to me if I buy a used unit from an individual?

What do you think? :mblah05: :mblah05: :mblah05: :spam4:
 
Thanks Joe for the reply.

Any other feedback regarding the real, practical differences between Tiger Shark and Sand Shark? Thanks in advance.
 
JUST GO AND HUNT..................................!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:
 
Overkill Overkill said:
Thanks Joe for the reply.

Any other feedback regarding the real, practical differences between Tiger Shark and Sand Shark? Thanks in advance.

joesen said:
You are talking about PI vs VLF.
This subject has been talked about a million times over.

Just google PI vs VLF.
You will get page after page of info.

Why ask it here and wait for someone to post the answer?

Seems like a waste of time to me. :)
:spam4:

As several members including myself have advised you several times in the past on your other topics, go read the G-O-L-D-E-N-O-L-D-E ::)

If you go to the beach and water section, there is even a section there about Pulse vs VLF.....http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/bublsog1.htm

I am sure you learned how to do research at the Univ Of Missouri.........
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
Overkill Overkill said:
Thanks Joe for the reply.

Any other feedback regarding the real, practical differences between Tiger Shark and Sand Shark? Thanks in advance.

joesen said:
You are talking about PI vs VLF.
This subject has been talked about a million times over.

Just google PI vs VLF.
You will get page after page of info.

Why ask it here and wait for someone to post the answer?

Seems like a waste of time to me. :)
:spam4:

As several members including myself have advised you several times in the past on your other topics, go read the G-O-L-D-E-N-O-L-D-E ::)

If you go to the beach and water section, there is even a section there about Pulse vs VLF.....http://www.nmhra.netfirms.com/pulltab/bublsog1.htm

I am sure you learned how to do research at the Univ Of Missouri.........
Are you doing a term paper or just having fun with us? We always help others that ask, but you keep asking the same things without doing any detecting. ??? If you did any reading of thegoldenoldie you would not have to ask questions to get your jollies.
 
IF you plan to hunt fresh water get a Tiger Shark, Salt water, Sand Shark.
 
OK, thanks for all the helpful feedback. I had a nice talk with a gentleman who is a dealer in the town I live in MO. He was extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to share his wisdom with me- it was obvious he loved metal detecting.

If I understood him correctly, he was more keen on Tesoros than Excaliburs. He indicated that Tesoros will pick up any size gold whereas Excaliburs can miss the smaller gold. He also explained in 90 seconds what I was wanting to know - that Tiger Sharks (VLF) have a hard time in the salt - which of course is a bit of info. most salespeople will not offer. Also, life I have heard so much previously, I will have to dig and dig and dig with a PI unit, but that's OK, I am patient. Thanks for the helpful feedback!
 
Overkill Overkill said:
OK, thanks for all the helpful feedback. I had a nice talk with a gentleman who is a dealer in the town I live in MO. He was extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to share his wisdom with me- it was obvious he loved metal detecting.

If I understood him correctly, he was more keen on Tesoros than Excaliburs. He indicated that Tesoros will pick up any size gold whereas Excaliburs can miss the smaller gold. He also explained in 90 seconds what I was wanting to know - that Tiger Sharks (VLF) have a hard time in the salt - which of course is a bit of info. most salespeople will not offer. Also, life I have heard so much previously, I will have to dig and dig and dig with a PI unit, but that's OK, I am patient. Thanks for the helpful feedback!

I can hunt all day long in salt water with my Excals (VLF), and not have a bit of trouble with the salt minerals.........My last gold ring found was a 1/2 (.06) gram 10k ladies pinkie ring found at 8-10+ inches in the wet sand with the surf rolling over it.........
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom