tesoro stingray2 settings

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Call Rusty at Tesoro.

Mike 68

Mar 5, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400i
Tesoro Stingray II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got one myself. Luckily it came with the original manual. I'm out now but will post a picture of the internal controls later.
For some reason the website manual doesn't show the diagrams. :BangHead:

Mike 68

Mar 5, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400i
Tesoro Stingray II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2017-03-05 19.58.40.jpg

Top left photo shows the interior controls. As I understand it you should not mess with the sensitivity, it is tuned to the coil and can make things go screwy if you go to far.

I have not had a chance to play with mine yet, the ground is frozen solid.:thumb_down:

I might be able to help more when I get a chance to use the Stingray out of doors.

OP
OP
maryej13

maryej13

Mar 5, 2017
Spencer, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
garrett at gold, garrett at pro, garrett 250, tesoro stingray 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you..

OP
OP
maryej13

maryej13

Mar 5, 2017
Spencer, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
garrett at gold, garrett at pro, garrett 250, tesoro stingray 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike...Thank you.. That is what I needed to know...I didn't get the book with mine and the online pdf doesn't show which knob is which...I have used mine several times and it works really great, but I need to change the threshold so I can find more things...Right now it makes no sound unless I am directly over something and there is no difference in the sound of a pull tab or a piece of silver...I know I am missing a lot of good targets...My husband checks for me and sure enough there is still stuff I missed... I will not change the other two settings...Thanks for telling me...I think you will be very happy with yours when you get to use it...It is a nice machine...It is finally getting warmer here now so we are able to go hunting more...I will work on getting it set right tomorrow...Then I will test it as soon as I can...Thanks...Mary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread