Tesoro Vaquero - A Little Silver And Gold

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a late start, because I didn't wake-up until the Sun was coming up this morning. I'm usually on site by daybreak to beat the heat.

I was going to go to another site but since I got such a late start I decided to go back and detect the two front yards where I found some silver coins, a bunch of wheat pennies, a silver pendant and a silver ring a few days ago.

On the first front yard I was using another brand of detector and was finding some stuff that I missed on the previous hunt. It's a great detector, but I just feel more confidant using one my Tesoros, so I switched to the Vaquero on the second front yard.

My normal settings: A little negative on the ground balance, a very slight audio hum on the threshold, full sensitivity, and used just enough discrimination to discriminate out a iron nail.

Right off I got a weak but sweet audio signal with the Vaquero on a target that was near the driveway and sidewalk. I popped a 1941 Mercury Dime that was only a few inches deep.

I knew something wasn't right, because the Vaquero normally hits harder on a dime at that depth. I rechecked the ground balance and found it to be way too positive. It pays to check your ground balance even if you're moving to the yard next door.

On the shady side of the huge old tulip poplar tree, I got a hard hit. It sounded shallow. I dug down a couple of inches and popped a gold ring. It's smashed, but it's GOLD.

By 10:15 I was ready to head for the house and start making plains for tomorrow's hunt or I might just ride around tomorrow looking for good places to detect. Saturday is good day for that because people are in their yards and I don't mind stopping and asking them if I can detect their yard.

tabman

Vaquero%20Silver%20amp%20Gold%20002_zpst8b6jf3b.jpg
Vaquero%20Silver%20amp%20Gold%20004_zpsehkmhpyz.jpg

Vaquero%20Silver%20amp%20Gold%20005_zpsx7pha4om.jpg
Vaquero%20Silver%20amp%20Gold%20009_zpszbzrwdxv.jpg

Vaquero%20Silver%20amp%20Gold%20015_zps8rduxh4q.jpg

Vaquero%20Silver%20amp%20Gold%20016_zpsdykgcope.jpg

Vaquero%20Silver%20amp%20Gold%20013_zpszznrebf3.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions