Tesoro Warranty

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my first Tesoro detector about 8 months ago. Obviously the warranty was one of the key selling points. I couldnt get it out of the box fast enough......in doing so, I didnt realize that there is a time limit in which you must send the warranty card back to Tesoro. I ended up sending in the card about two weeks late. My detector still works great....
I have no issues. Has anybody else ever done this and did Tesoro honor the warranty for a repair?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will have no trouble with your warranty. You may never need to use it to get anything fixed either. But Tesoro is the ONLY maker that mostly fixes second hand Tesoro detectors for free at their option. You ever need a new coil bolt or washers, phone them with your info and they will send them free. Everyone else asks for your credit card number.

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response Sandman

Tee1up

Sep 9, 2012
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the same mistake only I forgot to even think about a warranty card until I read about it here. Two month late, I called Robert at tesoro...no problems.

I bought my first Tesoro detector about 8 months ago. Obviously the warranty was one of the key selling points. I couldnt get it out of the box fast enough......in doing so, I didnt realize that there is a time limit in which you must send the warranty card back to Tesoro. I ended up sending in the card about two weeks late. My detector still works great....
I have no issues. Has anybody else ever done this and did Tesoro honor the warranty for a repair?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I sent mine back after about 6 years of lots of saltwater beach hunting. The left earpiece stopped working. They fixed it quickly, at no cost, and added in a nice new washer and bolt for the coil, with the new headphones installed.

Always, a great company to deal with.

OP
OP
Hag730

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made the same mistake only I forgot to even think about a warranty card until I read about it here. Two month late, I called Robert at tesoro...no problems.

That is good news..

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first Tesoro from 1990 is still working, although a neighbor owns it now. I had sent it in once, it was about 5 years old at the time, they fixed it and it was back in under 3 weeks. No cost, no credit cards.

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This reason and the fact that they make machines that can do what the others can do, but better (in my opinion) at a less expensive cost. Never had a problem with my Tesoros, that's why I'm in the market for another. I think I'm going to buy one for my son as well, he seems to be taking an interest so there may be a Silver umax in his future.

HH

Pulltab

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread