Keppy
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 19, 2006
- Messages
- 8,390
- Reaction score
- 2,873
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
- Detector(s) used
- ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner

Well i heard that frogs don't bump their arsh when they hop ..drybones48 said:Tesoro couldnt find a company to make the new connector, so they bought the machine from the company that went out of business. The new Sharks will be ready by mid May. Check out the new June issue of Lost Treasure magazine. Last page a full color add for the Tiger Shark. Since the contract for adds must be made months before the magazine goes to press ,Tesoro figured unit would be ready by June. Reliable source.
drybones48 said:Tesoro couldnt find a company to make the new connector, so they bought the machine from the company that went out of business. The new Sharks will be ready by mid May. Check out the new June issue of Lost Treasure magazine. Last page a full color add for the Tiger Shark. Since the contract for adds must be made months before the magazine goes to press ,Tesoro figured unit would be ready by June. Reliable source.

This is exactly what's going on!Treasure_Hunter said:They are still having problems getting the waterproof connectors, when they find a new supplier that meets their high standards they will be making them again. The other supplier suddendly quit making them with out warning is what I heard.
tri trackers said:Good news to hear!! I thought mine was only acting up when I hip mounted the box. Went to the beach yesterday and had it mounted on the shaft and everytime I swung the detector it went off. Touched the connectors the machine went off. I was bummed!! Used my husband's Excalibur. Dang that machine is heavy!! Starting to think about a Garrett's Treasure Hunter Mark II.
Cindy
tri trackers said:Thanks for all your input Treasure Hunter. The hubby agrees about the harness. Might make a little trip to Kellyco in the next couple of days!!
Cindy
tseekerMike said:Has anyone else had a problem with the Tiger Shark going off every time you swing the detector? I am seriously considering buying one and I don't want to be disappointed. I will be using it in saltwater here in Florida as well and am counting on it's' ability to be deeply submerged. I know it does not have the best saltwater reputation compared to others on the market, but it and the Sand Shark seem to be the most affordable vlf water machines available and I just don't want the thing to drown. Though I imagine that if Tesoro now has to retool in order to do it's own connector manufacturing it will raise the price.
tri trackers said:Good news to hear!! I thought mine was only acting up when I hip mounted the box. Went to the beach yesterday and had it mounted on the shaft and everytime I swung the detector it went off. Touched the connectors the machine went off. I was bummed!! Used my husband's Excalibur. Dang that machine is heavy!! Starting to think about a Garrett's Sea Hunter Mark II.
Cindy
Willee said:Dry the connector off and fil it with silicone grease.
That will help keep the water out.
The one I had beeped every time water slapped the box.
Could never figure out how to stop that other than lifting it higher so the water would not hit it or moving it lower so that it was completely underwater.
Willee