Testing my Garrett 300.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you did all your yard in one direction try doing it coming from another direction you might pick something up that way also.

OP
OP
S

Sam moser

Jan 13, 2022
If you did all your yard in one direction try doing it coming from another direction you might pick something up that way also.
I only did a few spots where I thought there could be coins. Most of my yard now is just to wet to enter into. When it dries I'll check it over good. I would like to find coins and jewelry. My grandfathers place was next to where I live. All the builds are gone now. I'll check that area to . That should get me started.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you have a great area to learn your detector, another spot to try would be some tot-lots with wood chips they shouldn't be frozen or to wet and you can usually find coins there.

OH..POPS

Dec 18, 2021
Medway Ohio
Detector(s) used
Pops old one
Garrett Ace 400
Bounty Hunter
Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just also got out lately with my Garrett and learning all the beeps vs the find. Very much a joy. I'm loving my 400 and hope your 300 is just as much fun. Everything is so much different with the 400 than my Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II.
GOOD HUNTING

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Purchased my first detector about a month ago. Ground was froze and didn't have a chance to check it out. Last couple of days have been warm enough to thaw things out. Well took the Garrett out around the house and it works. I found 4 pieces of junk. I'm excited now to do some serious detecting.
Good stuff. I started detecting around 1992 I think. Whatever you get to start, keep on keeping on. Its an awesome hobby.
My first was a Garrett Money Hunter here in Oz.
Keep it up and never give up. When I started people laughed at me.
They eventually stopped.
Regardless of what you have, anything is a chance, man I've seen some nuts old detectors get great finds! Best I can say is this, back yourself, against all odds, back yourself.
My backs not great now, but regardless of all I recently sold, just a toy I have now to the gear I sold, im still backing myself, no probs. Aint over till the fat lady sings!
Good luck 👍

Last edited:

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the ACE 300 is a pretty overlooked machine. I have the 250 and the 400.
I only got the 400 over the 300 because I found a killer deal on it.

Digging junk gets frustrating, but know EVERYONE does it. The few times I have detected old house sites, there have been more nails and plumbing parts than I thought any five houses would need. Don't let it get to ya, just expect it going in.

I have a never hunted old house permission set up for when the weather breaks. I figure on taking a couple plastic bags to haul all the foil and cans off with. All the nails will have to go in buckets so they don't tear holes in the bags. :laughing7:

OP
OP
S

Sam moser

Jan 13, 2022
Thanks for all the replies. I also have 2 abandoned school areas I can go over. One all the buildings are gone and it's now a park . On the second one the building and all the playground equipment are still there.

S.Carolinahunter

Jan 21, 2022
Orangeburg County S.Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace Apex
Purchased my first detector about a month ago. Ground was froze and didn't have a chance to check it out. Last couple of days have been warm enough to thaw things out. Well took the Garrett out around the house and it works. I found 4 pieces of junk. I'm excited now to do some serious detecting.
Sounds like you have a plan
Thanks for all the replies. I also have 2 abandoned school areas I can go over. One all the buildings are gone and it's now a park . On the second one the building and all the playground equipment are still there.
Sounds like you have a plan..I traded up from a 250 to the Apex..still learning it..good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread